PDA

View Full Version : Host Hotel snafu

tyaughton
03-31-2009, 05:10 PM
Received a call the other day from the host hotel. Seems they didn't anticipate the overwhelming response and have overbooked the hotel. They are asking folk that booked more than one room if they would give it up, and also asking single-roomers if they would consider moving the booking to another hotel in the area. If they're unable to resolve their problem they will make an 'executive decision', whatever that means. She also advised that just because I'd booked and guaranteed the room with a credit card nine months ago, was no guarantee I would get my room in the host hotel, and that they would fill the rooms on a first come, first served basis, and if the rooms were all gone when I got there, they'd find a room at another hotel for me. HUH?? The reason I called nine months ago and guaranteed the room with my credit card was to guarantee I would have a room in the host hotel. Not my problem they've overbooked!! Any one else get the call, and wondering what your reaction/response was? I think they should be rebooking the last in, not the first in!!

Mark57
03-31-2009, 06:06 PM
Is the hotel affiliated to Air Canada? [}:)][xx(]

<h5>Mark
'57 Transtar Deluxe
Vancouver Island

The NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
May 23 & 24, 2009; check it out at -
http://sdcvi.shawwebspace.ca/</h5>
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x153/MarkH57/IMG_0368a.jpg

tomnoller
04-02-2009, 09:02 AM
Unbelieveable! First in should be guaranteed. Same reason I booked my room months in advance. CR might look like the streets of London during the G20 if us earlybirds have to do a tent city.
...or not. :-)

tsurich
04-02-2009, 09:30 PM
I just talked to Al on the hotel situation. The reason for the overbooking happened as a result of some members registering for rooms on-line. The Hotel stopped taking reservations when they were filled by the regular phone number and the 800 number. But they couldn't immediately stop on-line registration due to the many places that book on-line. He told me everyone that has booked a room at the Host will be contacted. They will give you the option of taking a room at another location. Of course you are not obligated to do anything, but if your situation would work out better to work with the hotel, please consider this option. As of tonight they were still 13 rooms overbooked of the original 22. Our alternate hotels are the Holiday Inn (319-399-5025) which is a 4 minute walk from the host and the Heartland Inn (319-362-9012) which is a 5 minute walk.

bams50
04-04-2009, 10:28 AM
I'm still hoping to make it but won't know till the last minute, probably a week or two before. Any estimate on how hard it would be to get a room in the area (say a 10-mile radius) at the last minute? I have no idea the size/density of the area.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

tsurich
04-04-2009, 06:30 PM
There are at least a dozen hotels near the host within a half mile radius. This really is a well located cluster of hotels and restaurants within easy access right off an interstate.

60Lark
04-06-2009, 08:57 PM
Hey Bob,

If you find out that you can make it, will you be coming alone or bringing the family? I have reservations at the Heartland Inn, it looks as though I will be coming alone, so if can make it and flying solo, give me shout.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6ce20b3127cce8d0e3b50356c00000000400CcNWTlozYsb http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7cc20b3127cceb1557b998a7100000000400CcNWTlozYsb
Studebaker Fever
60 Lark
56 Power Hawk
Phil Hendrickson
Arnold, Missouri

bams50
04-06-2009, 09:03 PM
Hi Phil-

If I come it will likely be just me, and possibly nephew Evyn- which will make a difference. When we get closer I'll know more, and if it's just me I'll let you know. Thanks!!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

41 Frank
04-11-2009, 11:23 AM
We recently rebooked with no problem at the Holiday Inn Express and gave up our rooms at the Hampton Inn and Suites. Evidently the other hotels still have plenty of rooms.

Frank van Doorn
1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
1963 Daytona Conv
1941 Champion R-2 Rod

raprice
07-14-2009, 06:25 PM
Incredible!!! Then what's the purpose of booking a room ahead of time and guaranteeing it with a credit card. Aren't you committing yourself to pay for it?
Go figure.
Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
Smithtown,NY