Wiring Harness 1949 Land Cruiser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring Harness 1949 Land Cruiser

Who is the best (and by best, I mean least expensive!) source for a replacement wiring harness for my 1949 Land Cruiser? The old wiring has been tapped into way to many times to trust. Please let me know. Thanks

Mike Wohl
    1949 Land Cruiser

Studebakers West.
    It will be vinyl wire and not cloth-covered..
    But, it will build just like your car's original harness.

Ray

Specializing in Studebaker Restoration
    Ray

www.raylinrestoration.com
    Specializing in Studebaker Restoration

Comment

Thanks, will look into that. Want to have her roadworthy by July 4th!

Mike Wohl
      1949 Land Cruiser

Comment

Like Ray said, Studebakers West! I used one on my 52 ragtop and it fit perfect.

Jim
        "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
        their Memorials!

Comment

Go to Rhode Island Wiring. Click on Studebaker. Listed by year and model. Exact duplicate.

Richard

Comment

How about SirClyd's? I have seen them on the internet selling used parts and now I see they are advertising harnesses. They come up if you search Studebaker Wire on E-bay. Never delt with them even though they are in my neck of the woods somewhere. Anyone know anything about them?

Comment

quoteand by best, I mean least expensive!)
              quote:Go to Rhode Island Wiring.
              Definitely not spoken in the same sentence![:0]
              Brad Johnson,
              SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
              '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I agree! Rhode Island I'm sure makes a good harness, they better for what they want for them. I'm in the same boat as Mike, but I realy want a factory apearing harness. Does it realy cost all that much more to make a harness with braided wire? It looks like this SirClyd's is using the old style wire and the price is about the same as the non-factory looking stuff. Have you ordered a harness yet Mike?

Comment

I'm not familiar with SirClyd's.

I purchased a harness for my '51 from YnZ's many years ago and got one for the '53 from Rhode Island more recently.

YnZ's supplies a more complete harness, basically a front and rear, with most of the intermediate harnesses included. Rhode Island breaks it down in to six or eight major and minor components so you can order only those components you want. In the end, prices are relatively comparable. YnZ's wire ends are all tagged and both supply excellent diagrams.

Both use new vinyl wire with fresh braid applied. When the price aproaches $800 it makes you think hard about your intentions.

Braided wire at a price comparable to simple vinyl is one of those things that make you go "hmmmmm".
                  Brad Johnson,
                  SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                  Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                  '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                  '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Working...
                  X