Anyone familiar with these Avanti part #s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone familiar with these Avanti part #s

# 1562861(wheel cover clips) and # 1562862 (wheel cover clip "rubbers") I have these in envelopes marked as such.

Joseph R. Zeiger
    Joseph R. Zeiger

These would be for the optional wire wheel covers. Both the covers AND the clips are RARE![:0]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1963 Cruiser
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I bought mine from SASCO a few years back, they may have more.

JDP/Maryland
      JDP Maryland

Comment

Thanks guys,so they play no roll with the standard wheel cover?

Joseph R. Zeiger
        Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

That's correct

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1963 Cruiser
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe
          1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 63t-cab

# 1562861(wheel cover clips) and # 1562862 (wheel cover clip "rubbers") I have these in envelopes marked as such.
            Do they look anything like these?

If so, this is what they do. They hold the AC 3521 wire wheel covers to the rims.

How many if them do you have?

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia. '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Daytona convertible, '53 Commander Starliner, Museum R-4 engine, '62 Gravely Model L, '72 Gravely Model 430

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
            '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 63t-cab

Thanks guys,so they play no roll with the standard wheel cover?
              No, they won't work on the standard wheel covers, only on the wire wheel covers which cover the entire rim (unlike the standard full wheel covers).
              Like Biggs said, they are very rare. JDP said he got some from SASCO, but when I checked with them later they claimed not to have any. I got enough to do the car by going to a vintage Ford supplier ('57 or so Thunderbirds used the same covers).
              I just checked SASCO on line and they do list the bumpers, 1562862, but not the clips (you have to have both- the bumper goes on the clip).

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia. '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Daytona convertible, '53 Commander Starliner, Museum R-4 engine, '62 Gravely Model L, '72 Gravely Model 430

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
              '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Working...
              X