Sunday eye candy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday eye candy

Thats a pretty darn cool rod you got there man! What year is it? I can't tell the difference between '59 and '60's.

Dylan Wills

'61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
    Dylan Wills
    Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
    1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
    1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
    1914 Ford Model T

Comment

quote:Originally posted by ChampTrucking

Cute!! (car and driver<G&gt

Paul
      Winston-Salem, NC
      Visit The NEW Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
      Paul
      Winston-Salem, NC
      Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Neither of those belong to me!

Comment

Me likey!

Chris Pile
          Midway Chapter SDC
          The Studebaker Special
          The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Very nice.

Gary Sanders
            Nixa, MO
            President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
            Gary Sanders
            Nixa, MO

Comment

Originally posted by silverhawk

Thats a pretty darn cool rod you got there man! What year is it? I can't tell the difference between '59 and '60's.

Dylan, normally the outside visual differences on original 59-60 cars would be..

-The script on the front fenders; Studebaker script for 1959, Lark VI or VIII for 1960.

-On 2 doors, the rear side stainless would be two piece for 1959, one piece for 1960. I'm not sure if it is the same for a 4 door such as that.

- The 59 grills have a uniform mesh grill with the Champ style slat turn signal housings, while the 1960 has a grill which has slightly wider chrome bands with a similar mesh that matches the turn signal housings.

- '59 has the Hawk style script logo on the driver's side of the lower part of that front grill and the horn button. Lark logo for the '60 cars for the horn button and in the center of the lower front grill.

-Flat back tail light lenses for '59, curved for '60. Chrome ring for '59 Regal lenses, plain for Deluxe. No chrome trim on the 1960 lens, just a edit as if it matters: chrome base w/rubber trim.

This car has a mix of stuff that makes it hard. No fender scripts, blacked turn signal housings, non-stock hood ornament.
              I'm going with the 1960 Regal grill, turn signals and tail light lens and say it's a 1960, but those could just be parts on a 1959. She does look pretty happy and with good reason, that car is pretty cool for a girl's Stude. [^]

Comment

Thanks for telling me, I'll remember that.

Dylan Wills

'61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
                Dylan Wills
                Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
                1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
                1914 Ford Model T

Comment

59-60 Lark tailight bases stamped chrome sheetmetal.
                  sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

I like it! [8D]. A suede FOUR door, BUT with great flames and the purple color carried into the wheels. The wide whites fit right in too.

Now THERE'S a budget hot rod with an extremely high fun to bucks ratio.

Dick Steinkamp
                    Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
                    Bellingham, WA

Comment

The "sharp" corner where the stainless kicks up on the back door says '59 (a '60 has a curve there instead), but with so many things being interchangeable on Studes, I wouldn't care to base an ID on that!

That's one neat piece.

Somebody ought to grab that little '60 Bob's sounded the alarm about and do something similar with it...

S.

Comment

Steve,
                        You're right! Like I said, I wasn't sure if the '59 four doors had the same trim as the 2 doors. Looking in the parts book, I see that they are. I'm not sure..would the holes for that trim be in a different place for the 59s compared to 1960? Hard to tell about the front grill & turn signals from that angle. It might all be 1959. Either way, great car. That Lark that Bams posted about could become that! [^]

Comment

David--

Well, here's a thought: Measure where the holes are for the trim on your '60; then compare that with the locations of the vertical streaks of rust on the '59 wagon from Paris... Seriously, I've nary a clue about the holes for the trim, but I wouldn't think they'd have bothered to change it. (Going from two pieces to one does explain the switch from the sharp corner to the curve at the kickup: I'd always wondered why they made that change.)

Yep, somebody needs to get that '60 4dr and rod it...in satin finish Tahiti Coral with "ghost" flames up front...

(I'm so pathetic. Vivid imagination; drab finances...)[]

S.

Comment

Having one part number instead of two makes sense. Maybe that's why they did it.
                            Regarding the holes, I'm not sure when they made (drilled- punched?) those, since the nos fenders and doors don't have holes in them.
                            My holes are off a little on my doors from front to rear, from the factory, for my trim. No matter how well aligned the panels and doors are, the trim is just a little off. I was happy to see Studeman's post on that very fix with GM style clips to move them up and down to get that alignment better. I hear you on the drab finances.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by barnlark

Originally posted by silverhawk

Dylan, normally the outside visual differences on original 59-60 cars would be..

-The script on the front fenders; Studebaker script for 1959, Lark VI or VIII for 1960.

-On 2 doors, the rear side stainless would be two piece for 1959, one piece for 1960. I'm not sure if it is the same for a 4 door such as that.

- The 59 grills have a uniform mesh grill with the Champ style slat turn signal housings, while the 1960 has a grill which has slightly wider chrome bands with a similar mesh that matches the turn signal housings.

- '59 has the Hawk style script logo on the driver's side of the lower part of that front grill and the horn button. Lark logo for the '60 cars for the horn button and in the center of the lower front grill.

-Flat back tail light lenses for '59, curved for '60. Chrome ring for '59 Regal lenses, plain for Deluxe. No chrome trim on the 1960 lens, just a edit as if it matters: chrome base w/rubber trim.

This car has a mix of stuff that makes it hard. No fender scripts, blacked turn signal housings, non-stock hood ornament.
                              I'm going with the 1960 Regal grill, turn signals and tail light lens and say it's a 1960, but those could just be parts on a 1959. She does look pretty happy and with good reason, that car is pretty cool for a girl's Stude. [^] Your insecurity must cause you much grief. I am not posting facts to belittle you. Nor am I out to win the "Who Can Post da Most" post contest. I correct you only as a courtesy to members. Difference in stainless----- not rustable. Your smart mouthed edit is very becoming of a troubled person. Why didn't you just plain and simple erase your misinformation and/or stand corrected. You didn't have to take any action. Instead, you refuse to just let a rift that you started die. Shoot me an e-mail munch. jimmijim8@yahoo.com I would like to forward a message to you.

sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Working...
                              X