• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOVE this Bowling Shirt!

And I don't even bowl!

If it was an XL I'd bid!

(Oh yeah, and if it was $50 less[:I])

Fun to look at, anyway[8D]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

too small (and pricey) for me, too, Bob.

--george

1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175
    53-54 C/Ks, 55 Speedsters, 63 Daytonas, Wagonaires Registries

1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175

Comment

Way cool!

Chris Pile
      Midway Chapter SDC
      The Studebaker Special
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I'm REAL glad that's not a xl. My last name is Lloyd

Comment

I decided instead of losing weight to actually fit into this, I'd look up the brand and order an XL. I can't tell if it's a new shirt to look vintage (most likely) or it's really old since they've been in business for quite some time. I emailed them to find out because it wasn't in their current selection. You think that eBay price is high? [:0] I'll try to eat less donuts this year and maybe their large was cut with more room.

Comment

I never thought of that, since I know embroidery is expensive. At least nowadays with computers you can input artwork and the computer handles the stitching; of course, that equipment ain't cheap![B)]

Wonder if anybody ever made the same shirt with a Lark on it?[]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
            Parish, central NY 13131

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

I like the shirt and it is my size, but at $84.50 opening, I won't be a bidder.

I believe that it is an original because it is rayon-gabardine and has been repaired.

Note that the two questions are from Finland and Japan. A friend has a business that sells tee shirts with a logo and the business information. People come from Japan and buy him out and then resell the shirts in Japan.

I have a couple of old Watkins Glen security jackets. They are among things that I should put on eBay.

Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I think that shirt is too clean and the tag looks fairly new to be older than a very few years. That's what this company, Nat Nast, does, sells quality retro shirts at a high price. No one's name is on it like a real vintage bowling shirt. It's an original Nat Nast, but when? Nice shirt, though. Even more pricey when new.

Comment

Nice shirt. Comparing to a couple Nat Nast in my closet, the label matches 50s vintage. Later ones had a crowned lion on the label. The coarseness of the stitching is correct for the era, as well. Odd that it lacks the usual personalization on the front, though...

Vintage long-sleeved shop/team shirt from my collection, name on front is "Dick":

That said, a recent design could still be applied to an old shirt with the old equipment.

Andy
                  62 GT

Andy
                  62 GT

Comment

Andy, do you have the 1950's versions, or the later ones? Ebay if full of the same tag and they call them vintage reproductions on some ads, "50's vintage" on others. Hard to tell what is real and they aren't cheap. Cool shirts, but in the back of my mind I'm thinking, "it's a used shirt!" I like the Studebaker embroidering and those were hand embroidered by Nat back then if they are the real ones. Real artistry. [^]

Comment

So was Nat Nast famous or something? I can't see what the collector value is in an old USED shirt with a droopy Studebaker on it! [:0]

It would have to have belonged to ELVIS, to be worth that much!

Edit: Oh! OK, he was a clothing manufacturer, so is Sears.

StudeRich at Studebakers Northwest -Ferndale,WA
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Somebody thinks it's cooler than I do, since it's already got the six-bits opener. I'll be curious to see it it goes higher...

Hey Dave, maybe we can start a Lark Nerds bowling team, like the STF! Our uniform would be matching 50s-style bowling shirts; but instead of bowling we'll have our meetings at Hooters restaurants!

Let's see, besides us we'll rope in Kevin (chopstu), Rich D., John Batka, George B... I can think of a big list!

The requirements would be: You must own a Lark, plan to, wish you did, have heard of somebody who did, or say you like them even if you don't... or at least agree to kick in on the wings

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

I've got the embroiderer right here near me! Actually a couple. One at home and one at a saddle shop that did my floor mats. Can we agree on what kind of Lark on the back? I'm thinking we find cheap blank rayon shirts at TJ Maxx and go from there. Maybe I'll come up with a forum design and see how it goes over. Maybe one for each registry after that. My car isn't even worthy of a registry, so it will be the first registry orphan Lark design.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

So was Nat Nast famous or something? I can't see what the collector value is in an old USED shirt with a droopy Studebaker on it! [:0]

It would have to have belonged to ELVIS, to be worth that much!

Edit: Oh! OK, he was a clothing manufacturer, so is Sears.
                            Rich, what's going on? Does your EVERY post in every thread have to be a dig at somebody??[}]

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich
                              I can't see what the collector value is in an old USED shirt with a droopy Studebaker on it! [:0]

Right, Rich. It even has flat tires on one side! Of course to be accurate, it should have the grill vents and an embroidered oil spot, right?

Comment

Working...
                              X