Need help- info studebaker scotsman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help- info studebaker scotsman

Ok studeguys I need some help .Afriend of mines son has a 59 scotsman pickup.the frame is bad but the body is in good shape no rust at all.But the frame is rusted badly,he wants to know what newer model frame would the body fit?It doesnt matter what model just something he could put the body on with out to much trouble. Any help would be appreciated .Thanks I know someone will come through will the goods.

David Baggett '53 coupe

The body will "fit" any comparable wheelbase Stude truck frame. I'd try to stay later in the series ('57-'62).. or even up to '64 if he is willing/able to do a bit of modifications for steering, linkages, etc...

Ray

Specializing in Studebaker Restoration
    Ray

www.raylinrestoration.com
    Specializing in Studebaker Restoration

Comment

There are other make newer model Trucks that have been used to put the Stude. Cab and Box onto. I have seen a pretty good install on a Dodge Dakota V6, but the "without too much trouble part" is not going to happen! [:0]

You have to modify the dash to accept the Electronic Computer, Harness and gauges, controls, mess with the length, and width of the box, wheel wells etc. it could never be EASY!

StudeRich at Studebakers Northwest -Ferndale,WA
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

What he said. The wheelbase and track of the Dakota is really close to the Stude and one of our chapter members actually did this swap with a Chevy engine and late Thunderbird rear axle. The Dakota frame curves up so that in order to keep the bed and cab aligned, without cutting the floor out of the bed, he raised the cab and bed. It looks good going down the road, but a little strange up close. I don't think that he would do it again. I think it would work better if the bed floor was cut out and raised, but you would not have much space left in the bed.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, both w/overdrive.Searcy,Arkansas
        "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."
        "In the heart of Arkansas."
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

Working...
        X