It says, "MUST SELL THIS WEEKEND"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It says, "MUST SELL THIS WEEKEND"

We've seen this 56 President for a while now; but the new text is as follows:

$3495.00.NEED TO SELL THIS WEEKEND. BEST CASH OFFER IN PERSON.

Maybe someone in the area can get it for a decent price...

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Good tip Bob, one would think if it HAS to go someone who is into '56's could go to Eastern WA and pick it up for closer to what it is worth with rusted out floors, may be $2000.00 would be close. [^]

StudeRich at Studebakers Northwest -Ferndale,WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I was thinking more like $1200- with another 5 or so in a separate pocket

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

We've seen this 56 President for a while now
        More then once, yes. It needed a new post because...

Based on the "shorter everytime I list it" text and those same crappy pictures~
        I think they are still asking too much. YUP- I said it!!!
        But I have been wrong before...

Maybe it's just me [?] [?] [?]

StudeDave '57 [8D]
        StudeDave '57
        US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
        SDC Member since 1985

past President
        Whatcom County Chapter SDC
        San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
        San Diego Chapter SDC
        North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

I agree, Dave. Like your Dad said, the buyer has to be into the 56s, then be near or willing to pay big bucks to ship, and on top of that, be wanting a 4 door... a lot for the seller to overcome[xx(]

I really like that color combo, and the interior is probably pretty as well; but for me it would require seeing it in person. He admits the floor is rusted, so the dash probably is as well, along with a ruined seat and door panel. I still can't understand how somebody couldn't be bothered to even lay a $5 tarp over the door and slam it

What prompted me to post was the "BEST CASH OFFER IN PERSON" statement. Think he'll honor his words? What if two guys actually bother to show up (in person) and one offers $500 and the other is a junkman offering $50... is he really going to take the $500? I doubt it. That's what annoys me about these misused sales pitches; does he think somebody will come running with 34 hundred dollar bills, thinking they're getting a steal? Please.

If I was within an hour or two drive I'd go on Sunday just to call him on it- you know, "My offer is $634. What? You won't take it? OK, what has been your best cash offer in person <looking around for the other buyers>

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

That car doesn't seem to be out of order. Judging from the pics that is. Looks to have a decent body . I wouldn't think it to be too exquizite based on the asking price, but it looks original and all there and not beat looking. It's the Classic. I've seen real fine examples change hands for over 8. That car is easily worth 2500-3500. Guy just wants a serious no bullchit in person cash offer, or a down payment like overnight probably. I'm sure a deal could be made over the phone. I wouldn't be afraid to offer a substantial amount without a personal inspection. That car just has the untampered with look. Thats the way to get 'em. jimmijim
            sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

quote:Originally posted by jimmijim8

That car doesn't seem to be out of order. Judging from the pics that is. Looks to have a decent body . I wouldn't think it to be too exquizite based on the asking price, but it looks original and all there and not beat looking. It's the Classic. I've seen real fine examples change hands for over 8. That car is easily worth 2500-3500. Guy just wants a serious no bullchit in person cash offer, or a down payment like overnight probably. I'm sure a deal could be made over the phone. I wouldn't be afraid to offer a substantial amount without a personal inspection. That car just has the untampered with look. Thats the way to get 'em. jimmijim
              My thoughts exactly. I wish it was closer. I really liked the '56 President Classics- great ride, very roomy, good performance, very plush interiors...
              I got my first exposure in the late 60s when I took my Avanti to Frost and French in Los Angelos and they gave me a '56 Classic to drive for the day. I was blowing away Powerslide Chevys at the lights all day.

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia. '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Daytona convertible, '53 Commander Starliner, Museum R-4 engine, '62 Gravely Model L, '72 Gravely Model 430

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
              '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Working...
              X