Early Style Seat Belts I.D. ? ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Style Seat Belts I.D. ? ?

Someone here was either looking for, or selling a set of early style seat belts. I found a set which are Fomoco labeled. I don't know if Studebaker used Stude designed belts or used something from the other makers.
    Can anyone identify these belts?

sals54
    sals54

Aircraft. I have a pair from a late 50' or early 60's something military plane they have olive webbing.
    I think some Fords used them too but I'm not sure. I'll get a pic of mine up tomorrow.

Jon Krimm
    1962 Lark Sedan

1961 Champ

Comment

They have a tag on the back of the belt. It has the specs listed as both SAE and FAA. So I imagine they were used in both autos and aircraft.

sals54
      sals54

Comment

I am by no means a Ford P/N expert.... I could not make out the number under the Ford logo, does it start with a "B" ? Ford P/Ns in the 50s start with a "B". For the 60s, they start with a "C" and a number for the model year the part number was issued (not the actual year it was created). I don't think they have a year number for the 50s numbers though.... So, parts for my '65 Ford Galaxie are "C5" and then more letters and numbers. They kept this scheme through the 90s with "F" but now its changed to something else.

Point being if this number is a "B" number, it would indicate its for a 50s vehicle. For '60 it would be C0, '61 would be C1, etc.

Jeff in ND

'53 Champion Hardtop

Jeff in ND

Comment

Sal, those look similar to these that I just bought except without the S-P sticker indentation circle. What manufacturing name is on the back of the buckle? If it starts with "Air" it may be the same company for Fomoco as well as Studebaker.
          I can't see spending over 3 bills for seat belts, so I found originals and pretty darn clean ones for much less. What is that interesting metal packaging they are in?

[img][/img]

Comment

The only manufacturing name is the Fomoco. The number starts with a BN. If the info above is correct, then they are probably from a 50s Ford. I'll call Sac Vintage Ford and see if they have any more info. Thanks all.

sals54
            sals54

Comment

Working...
            X