1954 Commander C/K Hood Emblem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1954 Commander C/K Hood Emblem

Fellow 1954 owners, I am having trouble locating a reproduction hood emblem. I was surprised that none of the major parts providers have the hood emblem, given they all to have a good supply of all the other emblems and script. Am I missing something?

This is due to limited application. The hood piece only fits C/K models and was only used for the second half of 1953 and 1954. I am talking about the V shaped piece that is standard on the front of the hood, not an optional hood top piece/ornament. This V shaped piece also had an S or an 8 depending on whether the C/K was a Champion or Commander, as you have.

Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Thanks,

Do you think the the 53 Tristar version emblem would work? Fit the holes that is?

quote:Originally posted by studegary

This is due to limited application. The hood piece only fits C/K models and was only used for the second half of 1953 and 1954. I am talking about the V shaped piece that is standard on the front of the hood, not an optional hood top piece/ornament. This V shaped piece also had an S or an 8 depending on whether the C/K was a Champion or Commander, as you have.

Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Oran,You might be able to make it work.I have the one you need but its not show quality.It is pretty nice as I remember and would be fine for all but the nicest of drivers.If you are interested in it send me a PM and I will get you a few pics.Steve
        sigpic

Comment

I am nearly positive the tri-star and V emblems won't fit in each other's mounting spots without filling and redrilling the holes. I have a deck lid on my car from a "late" '53 that had the V emblem and had to fill and redrill to put my tri-star on. I would guess the hood is the same.

Jeff in ND

'53 Champion Hardtop

Jeff in ND

Comment

We now have the "V" and the "8" emblems for the 1953-54 C & K hoods. Give us a call 317 462-3124 Studebaker International

Comment

quote:Originally posted by stratovue

We now have the "V" and the "8" emblems for the 1953-54 C & K hoods. Give us a call 317 462-3124 Studebaker International
              Thanks for posting this, Ed. That is good news.

Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

I sold my early '53 coupe hood (I had put a bubble in it to clear a '57 Golden Hawk supercharger) and several years ago had to buy an entire car to get a hood. The car was a 1954.
                The top two holes are the same, you will have to drill a new lower hole and of course holes for the S or the 8. I took measurements in Lancaster to get the 8 in the right spot. The welding spots (warps) in the hood were covered by the V... and the tri-star also covers them. HOWEVER, a sharp judge will see your serial number and know you have the wrong emblems!

duane miller

Comment

Working...
                X