1958 rubber mats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1958 rubber mats

Does anyone sell the rubber floor mat that came standard? in 58 commanders?

Sorry, no they do not. No CAR rubber mats are currently available in fresh new condition, only the three speed "C" Cab Pickups.

Edit: OPPS, I stand corrected! Good find Bob, some COULD be a bit brittle after 51 years being rolled up, though!
    It must depend on the Humidity and Temp. of storage, all I have had were stored in warm dry climate, and cracked when unrolled.

StudeRich at Studebakers Northwest -Ferndale,WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Searching SASCOs database, I come up with two different rear mats for Sedans and one front possibility.

1313351X6 is a black front mat for '57 sedans. Certainly they'd fit the 58s, but anyone that knows differently can set me straight. Price $112 and change.

1329535X1 is a black rear mat for '58 sedans. Price $87 and change.

1329211X4 is a dark brown rear mat for '58 sedans. Price $87 and change.

Two years ago I got both front and rear green floor mats for my 57 President sedan from SASCO. Still in original boxes, the rubber's still pliable, soft and not faded.[^]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1963 Cruiser
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Rubber floor mats brings to mind when N&A purchased the remaining inventory of mats made for Studebaker by a company in Chicago. The buyer for N&L was very proud of the good deal he made with the manufacture, as he paid X dollars for each mat. When conveying this to Mr.Altman, Mr. Altman remarked "No a good deal would be twenty five cents per mat".

Richard

Comment

That's hilarious Richard, thanks for the time machine look into the past!
          That is just about the way he ran that Co. I am not surprised, he wouldn't even board-up the broken windows to keep the Rain, Wind and Birds out.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
          X