PDA

View Full Version : Champ front frame bracket desired

Jeff T.
03-20-2009, 06:39 PM
Thought I would ask what forum members have in there back yards before I start making phone calls to our used parts vendors next week.

I have started after a multi-year break my version of a Champ half ton if Studebaker would have used the changes they made in the Lark's nose after the 60 model year on the Champ. In my case I am using a 63 Wagoneer body to rusty to save but good enough to cut in half ala the Champ. I also have a 64 nose for a front end.

Since I am making an extended cab, I am changing the rear cab mount from a pair along the centerline to one on each side behind the doors. Since I want to use as many designed Studebaker parts that I can adapt... does anyone out there have a parts Champ with a usuable set of front cab mount brackets, the brackets under the front floorboards where the body usually sags upon. This idea may or may not work but its worth a shot:) (or even a set off a transtar)

For what its worth, I may need parts of a champ frame to lengthen my frame too, I just have to see how the cab sets on the frame.

It's amazing what you can do with scrap, a welder and time:)

Jeff T.

"I'm getting nowhere as fast as I can"
The Replacements.

63t-cab
03-20-2009, 06:55 PM
email sent Jeff.

Joseph R. Zeiger