1950 2R5 help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1950 2R5 help

I just bought a 1950 2R5 and it is missing a few parts. Primarily interior. Does anybody have any pictures of a good compleete interior. I also need pics of the inside door handle and lever. Also is there any body that has a treasure trove of truck parts that they would be willing to part with? I am trying to figure out what I need to finish off the interior on this truck. I have been a memeber of the club since I was little and boy it is great now that I have a Stude of my own. Please help

Yes, I have a treasure trove of truck parts that I would part with...when they pry them from my cold dead hands!

Comment

Welcome to the forum studevette,
      Buddy was just kidding you. Besides, how many truck parts can you hold in your hands at one time.
      The interior of these little trucks is pretty simple. One upholstered seat and the rest is automotive cardboard. At one time there were vendors advertising new truck cardboard headliners in "Turning Wheels." Since I don't need any right now, I have not noticed if they still are. Someone here might be able to help. Some of the best money you will ever spend is to get the body manual, chassis manual, shop, and owners manuals for your truck. Join your state chapter of the club and attend a few meets. You will very likely encounter trucks like yours and get the information needed to get that little truck fixed up just the way you want it.

John Clary
      Greer, SC

I have only two limitations ...BRAINS & ENERGY
      SDC member since 1975
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Welcome to the Forum Studevette!

Lots of vendors have various truck parts. I know sevral vendors have the original "cardboard" headliners and many other parts are available.

Start here for a list of vendors - many have online catalogues as well.

Also check out the Studebaker Truck Page & Forum as there are many members there that do not show up regularly here:
        Easy to use website building tool for your professional or personal website and blog, web hosting, domain registration, email and more at Tripod.com!

Happy Studebakering - and post some pics!

<h5>Mark
        '57 Transtar Deluxe
        Vancouver Island

The NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
        May 23 & 24, 2009; check it out at -
        http://sdcvi.shawwebspace.ca/
        </h5>
        Mark Hayden
        '66 Commander

Comment

email sent

[IMG]Home of the Fried Green Tomato