Tahiti Coral 59 Lark before and current progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tahiti Coral 59 Lark before and current progress

I finally took the time to go get batteries to take a few pictures. Here are the before and afters on my Tahiti Coral lark that I got from Bob Peterson.

As you can see, she's come a long way.

Bob

That's nice. I like that color.[8D]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1963 Cruiser
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

AH-HA!! So you're the fella who got that lil' sweetie! She looks like a million bucks![:X] Judging by the shots, she's also out and about? I like that Tahiti Coral too. It's not quite pink and not quite orange.

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
      Ron Smith
      Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
      Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
      Ron Smith
      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Yeah, she's up and going. I've put about 400 miles on her now. I've done a lot to her:
        full exhaust
        Tires
        Complete brake system including all hoses, metal lines wheel/master cylinder and brake shoes
        Fuel Pump
        Water Pump
        Rebuilt Carb
        Flushed gas tank
        Fiber timing gear
        Tail light lenses
        front bumper (wrong year 64)
        gear shift column bushing
        radiator rod/boil
        and lots of polishing.

Next Up: rattle can the engine in proper colors

Rebuild distributor (may switch to pertronix)

This is one of the best running studes I've owned. Still going through some teething problems, but she's been asleep for a long time. The color has grown on me. It seems to get a smile wherever we go.

Comment

I'm always amazed at what a cleaning and polishing job can do for a neglected car! Looks good so far.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, both w/overdrive.Searcy,Arkansas
          "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."
          "In the heart of Arkansas."
          Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

I really like that color, Bob! Very nice. Glad to hear she's out on the road, too!

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
            '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Looking good!

Dylan Wills

'61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
              Dylan Wills
              Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
              1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
              1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
              1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Bob,

Wow, that Lark looks GREAT! It's so exciting to see the updated pictures. You've done such a wonderful job and we are happy to see and hear about you having so much fun with her. We are living our Lark dream vicariously through you now!

John and Tracy Smith
                Queen Creek Arizona

[IMG]

Comment

Nice job!

I love the color, and a 2 door 59-60 is about as cute as they come.

I'm glad you got it and actually got it cleaned up, running and driving.

Peterson thought it had a rod knock. What did that turn out to be?

Dick Steinkamp
                  Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
                  Bellingham, WA

Comment

I like your Lark. It is looking good. My dad bought a new 1959 Lark six that was that color. I didn't know the name until now. The family (five of us) took it to CA and back to IL in 1960 on vacation. At the Grand Cannon we parked next to an identical colored Lark from a town about 10 miles from where we lived in IL.
                    The two door Larks are cool loking.

Gary Sanders
                    Nixa, MO
                    President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
                    Gary Sanders
                    Nixa, MO

Comment

Thanks guys, the rod knock was actually the infamous champ fiber timing gear. It looked like someone forced the gear on without the proper tool 5 teeth were missing and the rest of the gear looked in great shape. After the car is hot and running for about 10 minutes the oil pressure settles in at 25psi. It was amazing it even ran. I wonder how many others got parked for something so simple.

Comment

Oh yeah, I've been driving her 6 days a week to work 50 miles round trip. Knock on wood, she's gone everytime without fail.

Comment

Nothing to add, just agreeing with the others- good job[^] I love that style and color! I certainly would have bid if it wasn't for the shipping[xx(]

I have the same car in light blue, same knock in the timing cover. She'll be on the market in a few weeks; and best of all she's already on the EAST coast!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                          Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

As the old slogan went, Love That Lark...so pleased to see another of the ex-C&B projects get treated to a happy ending. Course I have a thing for Lark 2dr posts, too...I really like the Tahiti Coral also.

Couple weekends ago I chanced upon a 59 Lark wagon in the same colour, out to pasture at a place I'd passed many times before; the wagon had been there for decades, I only saw it this time because some trees had been cleared away. Stopped for a visit, the collector whose place this was has two other Studes (50 Champion/64 Hawk); the Lark is actually available, but sadly is a parts car at the very best. Had I the space, I might've taken her in anyway...No pix, as I didn't have my camera with me at the time (and in any case it's a private collection).

S.

Comment

Nice lark, nice color. I'd liked to know did they ever make a replacement metal timing gear? You know that creeps me out to hear it's made in fiber. Had a GTO once , found broken timing gear parts, in oil pump, went to reassemble. Ran for two weeks , spun the bearings. Did you know that you can have good compression in each cylinder , and the rotating assembly works fine, and if you never dissemble the engine ,pulling the crank out , you wouldn't know you have a spun bearing. Ha!

Comment

Working...
                              X