Where do the shields go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do the shields go?

In the Floor Board section of the Body Parts Catalog for my 1950 Champion it shows the various shields that attach to the under side of the car. There is the 2138-10, the 2138-14, and the 1507-19listed for the Champion. I also have a shield that I took of the car that looks like the 1507-24 which is listed for the Commander. I took these off several months ago and am now starting to put the car back together and cannot remember where these shields go. I have not been able to find a picture other than the sketch on the page mentioned above that shows where they go. Maybe I am overlooking something. I took pictures of some parts of the car before taking it apart and drew lots of sketches as I removed parts but, for some reason I didn't not plan ahead for these pieces. If someone can help it will be greatly appreciated.

Jimmie
    Orleans, Indiana

1950 CHAMPION -ORANGE COUNTY, INDIANA
    sigpicJimmie
    Orange County, Indiana

My 51 commander has a shield that fits over the dimmer switch area under the floor. It also has a splash gaurd that mounts to the frame below the starter. If it has an automatic some of the 50's have an air intake that bolts to the bellhousing to draw air into the cooling fins.
    Rob

Comment

Mapman-
      Thanks for responding to my question about the location of the sheilds. I thought they would be shown in their proper locations in one of the manuals that I have.

Thanks again,

Jimmie
      Orleans, Indiana

quote:Originally posted by mapman

My 51 commander has a shield that fits over the dimmer switch area under the floor. It also has a splash gaurd that mounts to the frame below the starter. If it has an automatic some of the 50's have an air intake that bolts to the bellhousing to draw air into the cooling fins.
      Rob

sigpicJimmie
      Orange County, Indiana

Comment

Working...
      X