Ute on Television !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ute on Television !!!

Just saw the Ute on the Speed Channel. (Hot Rod TV)
    They were at the Roadster Show.
    They even talked to Dick.
    Did anyone else see it, or had it already been on before?

Dang, missed it.

But HRTV says this is the schedule on speed channel for the show.

Saturday, March 08, 2008, 9:30am
    Friday, March 14, 2008, 3:30am
    Saturday, June 07, 2008, 9:30am
    Friday, June 13, 2008, 3:30am

Bob

Comment

Sweeolbob,
      All your dates say 2008? March 14th is today a Sat.?
      Help.

Gary Sanders
      Nixa, MO
      President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
      Gary Sanders
      Nixa, MO

Comment

I just saw it, good job Dick! This has been a great project to follow. The right person with the right car at the right time. Congratulations.
        Rob

Comment

Saw that! But they never let Dick say a word[B)]

It was a little annoying that the interviewer didn't know anything about the subject; that while the car was shown, Lee didn't originally set out to build it for that- just for "hauling trash", etc. Worst of all was calling Lee Talbot "Wilmont" Lee did say "I have to correct", but not about his name...

Still cool to see, though[^]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
          Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Dang...I missed it too.

It was on again this morning.

Next show is March 20 at 3:30 AM ET. (as if! )

You can go here for the schedule...

Motorsports coverage includes news, highlights, rankings and more spanning NASCAR, Formula 1, NHRA, ARCA, MotoGP, IndyCar and more auto racing circuits.

The episode is called "Grand Daddy of them all"

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

Dick, did they interview you and just cut that part, or just ignore you altogether?

Also would have been nice to have better footage of the car, and at least one shot of the cart you worked so hard on

Maybe it wasn't that bad and I'm just prejudiced because it's one of "our" guys and "our" car[:I]

Lee did get a brief mention of John and Gord in as well.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
              Parish, central NY 13131

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Thanks to all those that showed me the error of my ways.

I humbly apologize.

Bob

Comment

Hey sweetolbob Bob, it's only one year!! And what does one year matter when we are talking Studebakers?!

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

Dick, did they interview you and just cut that part, or just ignore you altogether?

Also would have been nice to have better footage of the car, and at least one shot of the cart you worked so hard on

Maybe it wasn't that bad and I'm just prejudiced because it's one of "our" guys and "our" car[:I]

Lee did get a brief mention of John and Gord in as well.
                    I think I said a few words, but I really wanted it to be Lee's show. Jerry Pitt (editor of Hot Rod Deluxe) did most of the talking and I thought he did a good job. I haven't seen the episode, so I don't know what kind of editing was done.

I was just stoked to have Hot Rod TV there. It was a neat part of the whole weekend experience.

A few more pics of Hot Rod TV here...

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Dick Steinkamp
                    Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
                    Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

I think I said a few words, but I really wanted it to be Lee's show.
                      They didn't show you saying a word; just standing next to Lee with a SEG. The interviewer calls Lee "Wilmot" and let him talk just a little.

Good to see anyway, just could have been a lot better in the same amount of time.

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

HOT ROD magazine for May has coverage of the show. The ute appears in one general area shot. I think that it is the only vehicle with its hood open. I know that it is clean under the hood, but I believe that the lines of the vehicle show much better with the hood closed.

Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                        Studebaker enthusiast much longer
                        Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                        X