some of my trucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some of my trucks

I have been viewing with interest the vehicles driven and being restored by the members who post here. What follows are pictures of some of the trucks that are now being driven or under construction.
    the first truck is now my daily driver. I only drive Studebakers. This truck started as a 2R5 but with 3/4 ton champ drive train and a 289 V8 with power steering and power brakes and a play on the model designations it is a 2R12. It is shown here with 3 recently purchased 289 engines so it rides a little low

the next is a truck waiting form me in Missouri. One of my fathers last remaing farm trucks. It has new brakes and a new engine.

This truck is one currently undergoing complete frame off restoration. It came from a family in Clear Lake Iowa. All that is left is to sandblast the box then paint doors,fenders and box. It will be given to my youngest son who is the last to own a Studebaker.

This truck and lark are now driven by my two daughtors. The Lark was purchased out of Arazona with 52k miles. The truck was given to me as a parts truck and rebuild for my father-in-law when he became unable to drive it any longer it changed hands.

This truck is owned by my oldest son. It was truly a barn find. It is the most sound non rusted truck I have seen since I was a kid.

This last truck will be listed for sale in the April Turning Wheels. I wanted a 4WD truck to restore but have too many to finish and disability funds prevent starting another project. It has a new radiator, carburator, tie rod end and all new brakes, Runs and drives just the way you would dream it would.

There are more that can be shown perhaps later. Ted

Great fleet of trucks Ted! [^][8D] Too bad about the Transtar... 'course those are my favorite type of Stude trucks! []

<h5>Mark
    '57 Transtar Deluxe
    Vancouver Island

The NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
    May 23 & 24, 2009; check it out at -
    http://sdcvi.shawwebspace.ca/
    </h5>
    Mark Hayden
    '66 Commander

Comment

Nice trucks. That 4-4 transtar is pretty darn cool though, its a bummer you got to sell it.

Dylan Wills

'61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
      Dylan Wills
      Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
      1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
      1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
      1914 Ford Model T

Comment

I'll have to agree with Mark57 great fleet. I like the Transtar grill the best of all the 1950's Studebaker trucks.

Gary Sanders
        Nixa, MO
        President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
        Gary Sanders
        Nixa, MO

Comment

Nice collection! I love the 2R5 Series Studes.

Here's my 1949 Stude I've been driving since the summer of 1987. I purchased it at 16 from the second owner in Clarksville, Arkansas....who had traded for it in the 1950's for a hunting dog. True story.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by SlowPoke

Nice collection! I love the 2R5 Series Studes.

Here's my 1949 Stude I've been driving since the summer of 1987. I purchased it at 16 from the second owner in Clarksville, Arkansas....who had traded for it in the 1950's for a hunting dog. True story.
            Slowpoke - you need to post your pictures in a new post to start your own thread on your truck.

<h5>Mark
            '57 Transtar Deluxe
            Vancouver Island

The NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
            May 23 & 24, 2009; check it out at -
            http://sdcvi.shawwebspace.ca/
            </h5>
            Mark Hayden
            '66 Commander

Comment

Slowpoke: what are those wheels? I like them and you were able to find hubcaps. Fill in the blanks please. Ted

Comment

quote:Originally posted by SlowPoke

Hmmmmm.... needs some BRIGHT ORANGE tailgate letters....

Ray

Specializing in Studebaker Restoration
                Ray

www.raylinrestoration.com
                Specializing in Studebaker Restoration

Comment

The wheels are mid to late 60's GM rally wheels with just some generic aftermarket caps. Thanks..

Comment

Working...
                  X