This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1940 Commander needs help

I have a 1940 commander and am in need of some rubber items. The 2 front vent window rubber seals. The 4 bumper mounting bracket to body rubber grommets where the bumper mounting brackets go through the body to the bumper. And I need my two running boards re- rubberized. Does any one have some names of where I can go?

thanks
    Gary Williamson

You will probably have better luck with the Antique Studebaker Club as they specialize in pre-war cars. There is a link from the SDC site. I suspect that Steele (steelerubber.com) can supply your needs. If that doesn't work, try an on-line search on the Hemmings website.

By the way, welcome aboard!

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

You will probably have better luck with the Antique Studebaker Club as they specialize in pre-war cars. There is a link from the SDC site. I suspect that Steele (steelerubber.com) can supply your needs. If that doesn't work, try an on-line search on the Hemmings website.

By the way, welcome aboard!

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Hi Gary,

1940 'S' Running Boards are made by John McCall, 12407 3rd Street, Grandview, MO 64030. CELL @ 816-509-0277. Dick Quinn recently reminded me of his contact info.

I too will be seeking the rubber stuff. Have you tried Fennessey?

Henry Votel
        Forest Lake, MN
        Henry Votel,
        Forest Lake, MN
        Buying & Selling Studebaker Parts in MN & WI

Comment

Hi Gary,

1940 'S' Running Boards are made by John McCall, 12407 3rd Street, Grandview, MO 64030. CELL @ 816-509-0277. Dick Quinn recently reminded me of his contact info.

I too will be seeking the rubber stuff. Have you tried Fennessey?

Henry Votel
          Forest Lake, MN
          Henry Votel,
          Forest Lake, MN
          Buying & Selling Studebaker Parts in MN & WI

Comment

quote:Originally posted by garyw148

I have a 1940 commander and am in need of some rubber items. The 2 front vent window rubber seals. The 4 bumper mounting bracket to body rubber grommets where the bumper mounting brackets go through the body to the bumper. And I need my two running boards re- rubberized. Does any one have some names of where I can go?

thanks
            Gary Williamson
            I believe you can get the bumper grommets from the Schrock Brothers. Check ads in turning wheels.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

quote:Originally posted by garyw148

thanks
              Gary Williamson
              I believe you can get the bumper grommets from the Schrock Brothers. Check ads in turning wheels.

Comment

thanks for the info on where to go I will try Steelerubber.com for my vent window and bumper gromet needs.

As for John McCall, he has my running boards now and has had them for almost a year and each time I talk to him he says he will ship them back in a week or two. the latest is that I should see them by New Year or ???. I will let you all know when I really do receive them and how they look. John is also trying to make the vent window trim or rubber but does not have a 1940 commander "good" rubber to use to make a mold so far.

Comment

thanks for the info on where to go I will try Steelerubber.com for my vent window and bumper gromet needs.

As for John McCall, he has my running boards now and has had them for almost a year and each time I talk to him he says he will ship them back in a week or two. the latest is that I should see them by New Year or ???. I will let you all know when I really do receive them and how they look. John is also trying to make the vent window trim or rubber but does not have a 1940 commander "good" rubber to use to make a mold so far.

Comment

Working...
                  X