• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Holy Grail part.

JDP/Maryland
    JDP Maryland

Holy Guacamole, those look like aftermarket. jimmijim
    sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Not really. The Studebaker belts said Kar Belts on the box, and with the correct S/P sticker, they are 100 % correct.

JDP/Maryland
      JDP Maryland

Comment

Just had to show those the day after York, didn't you?! Those are the real thing, all right.

[img][/img]

Comment

Here on one of Frank Ambrogio's '56 Golden Hawks.

Matthew Burnette
          Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Here are some that Bondbilly posted a while back.

Last edited by barnlark; 10-10-2010, 05:12 AM.

Comment

Set I sold a couple years back did about that much.
              Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

I'd just like to have that cool box for display![8D]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Thats Chuck Kenney in White Cloud Mi. he comes up with some pretty nice items now and then, and always does well with them on E-bay...Bob Peterson
                  Candbstudebakers
                  Castro Valley,
                  California

Comment

If you have good used ones like that, Bob, I'd be happy with a rear set of those. (Not kidding) Pulling over two c-notes may be what they are worth now for a nos safety part, but I'm not sure I'd trust the belts that old, so I would be spending that just for buckles. Puts it in a different perspective that way for me. They are puurdy, though.

Comment

Just an observation... but would it be prudent to mount those on the doors like that? As Studebaker doors are prone to pop open in a wreck, one would expect the occupants would be thrown out of the car in spite of being belted in. The door jamb would be a much better anchor, wouldn't it?

sals54
                      sals54

Comment

Sparton. The belts were also supplied to the aftermarket. Look at Chucks e-bay photo and compare to the Bondo photo. Confusing a bit? Sparton was an after market and before market supplier of auto products. They were manufacturers of automobile horns to Stude, Gm{the long Cadillac trumpet horn}, Chrysler, American Motors,jeep. jimmijim
                        sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

I did not say they were not 100% correct. I stated that they looked like aftermarket. An olde time gas station I worked at as a kid had a couple sets like Chuck's e-bay ones without the s-p stickers. Go figure. I did. They were supplied to the aftermarket also. Sparton Karbelts were not exclusive to Studebaker. jimmijim
                          quote:Originally posted by JDP

Not really. The Studebaker belts said Kar Belts on the box, and with the correct S/P sticker, they are 100 % correct.

JDP/Maryland

Comment

Don't think I would want them mounted on the door!
                            64 Champ long bed V8
                            55/53 Studebaker President S/R
                            53 Hudson Super Wasp Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by jimmijim8

I did not say they were not 100% correct. I stated that they looked like aftermarket. An olde time gas station I worked at as a kid had a couple sets like Chuck's e-bay ones without the s-p stickers. Go figure. I did. They were supplied to the aftermarket also. Sparton Karbelts were not exclusive to Studebaker. jimmijim

Originally posted by JDP

Sparton was the vendor/supplier for both, just different box art depending on the year up to 1960, I'm pretty sure. The key is the spelling "Karbelts." The airline buckles and clips were made N.J.
                              Does anyone use the door any more? Most drill in the floor and use the proper washers, I would think. I'm trying to figure out where they would have drilled in the rear on a convertible Lark. It's a very short belt if installed back there.

Comment

Working...
                              X