York Avanti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• York Avanti

Does anyone know when they will announce which of my tickets won the Avanti at York?

Jim

_________1966 Avanti II RQA 0088______________________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152_______________Rabid Snail Racing
    Jim
    Often in error, never in doubt
    http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

Drawing is at 2:00 PM Sunday. Stay by the phone.
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Never. I've got the winner. Sorry.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

The winner will be a guy who has a buck's worth of change leftover from buying a couple of hot dogs, who's there with a friend but isn't into Studes and buys 1 ticket on a dare.

ErnieR

On its way to a 15.097 Spring 2006.

Comment

Haha, and if the winner isn't Bams, or the dared freind with the left over change, then it will be a man from New Zealand, who forgot he sent a check for three dollars to buy five tickets, doesn't really know what a Studebaker is, doesn't believe that he won, and really isn't too sure he wants it.

Jon Krimm
          1962 Lark Sedan

1961 Champ

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bige

The winner will be a guy who has a buck's worth of change leftover from buying a couple of hot dogs, who's there with a friend but isn't into Studes and buys 1 ticket on a dare.
            Typical story. The man who won my ex-62 Lark convertible in 1990 was no Studebaker guy (or even old car guy). He called me several times to see if I wanted to buy it for $6,000, but I wasn't in a position to buy it ('62 Regal, six w/overdrive, HH, TT, radio, etc_ black with a red and white interior). That was the tightest and most waterproof convertible I ever drove.[V]

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia. '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Daytona convertible, '53 Commander Starliner, Museum R-4 engine, '62 Gravely Model L, '72 Gravely Model 430

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
            '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Well, it's past 2pm..who got the call?? Anyone there when it was pulled?

Comment

I won my '51 dump truck after buying a couple of tickets at a swap meet. I had a few 1 dollar bills and figured "why not". Next thing I know, I own a Stude dump truck.

I shoulda bought some tickets on that Avanti, but thought I'd give someone else a chance.

[)]

Matthew Burnette
                Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

I haven't got the call yet but hey , its long distance , I just figure they will deliver it to me !

[IMG]Home of the Fried Green Tomato
                  "IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ
                  1964 Daytona HT
                  sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Over 10 years ago, I got that call on another Avanti. The York guy called to tell me I'd left something behind, then told me it was the Avanti I won. I had bought 10 tickets just as I headed out the door on Saturday.

JDP/Maryland
                    JDP Maryland

Comment

I'm really surprised that someone who was there Sunday for the drawing hasn't posted the name of the winner yet. There was no announcement on the KRC web site, either. I guess that it's safe to assume that the winner wasn't me. I could have used a red Avanti II. Actually, it's next year's raffle car that I should win.

Jim Bradley
                      Lewistown PA
                      '78 Avanti II
                      Jim Bradley
                      Lake Monticello, VA
                      '78 Avanti II
                      sigpic

Comment

Would it then be known as Rerun II?

Comment

so, what if you sent in your money by mail, recieved your tickets, but did not give them your phone number? I think I did that...and I am the eternal optimist!

It never hurts to hope a little, right?

1963 Lark, waiting for spring...

Comment

In reply to the posts on the website concerning the winner of the 1982 Avanti II at the Keystone National Swap Meet, here is the information:

The winner of the Avanti is:

<center></center>James Albright
                            <center></center>Hollidaysburg, Pa

The winner purchased the winning ticket through an advertisement in Hemmings Motor News in February.

Watch our website for an image of the winning ticket. A photograph of the winner will be posted as soon as arrangements are made for delivery of the vehicle.

Keystone Region Chapter thanks everyone who participated in this year's raffle for their support of the Raffle Car and the Keystone National Swap Meet.

Comment

Congratulations, James! One less car to add to my insurance. Thanks studeguy.

Comment

Working...
                              X