This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• american graffiti

Was watching American Graffiti and saw a 55 Stude. I am sure you all know this already, but was cool to see it.

There is a prior thread called "Studes in starring roles" that can provide some additional cinematic productions that Studebakers are in. By using the search feature above you can bring it up.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

There is a prior thread called "Studes in starring roles" that can provide some additional cinematic productions that Studebakers are in. By using the search feature above you can bring it up.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

I started watching the movie about a half hour after it had started to look for Studebakers! If there was any I must have missed them. I have the video around here somewhere, next time I have a day with nothing better to do I'll have to give it a look!

GARY H 2DR.SEDAN 48 STUDEBAKER CHAMPION NORTHEAST MD.

Comment

I started watching the movie about a half hour after it had started to look for Studebakers! If there was any I must have missed them. I have the video around here somewhere, next time I have a day with nothing better to do I'll have to give it a look!

GARY H 2DR.SEDAN 48 STUDEBAKER CHAMPION NORTHEAST MD.

Comment

There's a beautiful '53 Stude Star Light coupe on the street in "Back to the Future".
            Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
            Smithtown,NY
            Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

There's a beautiful '53 Stude Star Light coupe on the street in "Back to the Future".
              Rog

Smithtown,NY
              Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

quote:Posted - 12/10/2006 : 7:33:10 PM
                --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The thread that will not die! Please retain it for reference sake but start a new thread for Studes showing up in new films. Sigh.[|)]
                Brad Johnson,
                SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

quote:Posted - 12/10/2006 : 7:33:10 PM
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The thread that will not die! Please retain it for reference sake but start a new thread for Studes showing up in new films. Sigh.[|)]
                  Brad Johnson,
                  SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                  Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                  '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                  '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

In the movie (American Graffiti) when the girls in the '55 are asked where they are from, they reply "Turlock." Although filmed in Petaluma, Ca., the movie takes place in Modesto (George Lucas' hometown and loosley based on his experiences). Turlock is just south of Modesto. In fact the address Mackenzie Phillips gives when Martin Milner has to take her home (??? Ramona Ave) was Lucas' actual address growing up and his parents still lived there in the 1980s. Back to the Stude...I ran into the owner of the movie car at an antique show in Modesto. He said his daughter drove it in the movie. He had photos with him. That was about 10 years ago.

KURTRUK
                    (read it backwards)
                    KURTRUK
                    (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

In the movie (American Graffiti) when the girls in the '55 are asked where they are from, they reply "Turlock." Although filmed in Petaluma, Ca., the movie takes place in Modesto (George Lucas' hometown and loosley based on his experiences). Turlock is just south of Modesto. In fact the address Mackenzie Phillips gives when Martin Milner has to take her home (??? Ramona Ave) was Lucas' actual address growing up and his parents still lived there in the 1980s. Back to the Stude...I ran into the owner of the movie car at an antique show in Modesto. He said his daughter drove it in the movie. He had photos with him. That was about 10 years ago.

KURTRUK
                      (read it backwards)
                      KURTRUK
                      (read it backwards)

Comment

quote:Originally posted by kurtruk

In the movie (American Graffiti) when the girls in the '55 are asked where they are from, they reply "Turlock."
                        Speaking of Turlock...I haven't missed the January Turlock swap meet in probably 15 or more years. It is one of the biggest and best in northern California...

It's a little over 1,000 miles for me now, but I plan to be there.

(bought my '54 Starliner there in 1994...$1500 delivered)

Dick Steinkamp
                        Bellingham, WA
                        Dick Steinkamp
                        Bellingham, WA

Comment

In the movie (American Graffiti) when the girls in the '55 are asked where they are from, they reply "Turlock."
                          Speaking of Turlock...I haven't missed the January Turlock swap meet in probably 15 or more years. It is one of the biggest and best in northern California...

Dick Steinkamp
                          Bellingham, WA
                          Dick Steinkamp
                          Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

Dick Steinkamp
                            Bellingham, WA
                            20+ years for me. When ever Christmas comes, I get pretty excited because I know January Turlock is right around the corner.

Side note: About five years ago someone was trying to sell a '55 coupe in the swap area. Bad blue paint IIRC. Two guys in their twenties walking by, pause, shake their head, then comment: "Studebaker sure made some weird looking cars!"
                            No doubt they were driving some excellent styling example like a '59 El Camino (or '59 GM Anything[xx(])

KURTRUK
                            (read it backwards)
                            KURTRUK
                            (read it backwards)

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

Dick Steinkamp
                              Bellingham, WA
                              20+ years for me. When ever Christmas comes, I get pretty excited because I know January Turlock is right around the corner.

Side note: About five years ago someone was trying to sell a '55 coupe in the swap area. Bad blue paint IIRC. Two guys in their twenties walking by, pause, shake their head, then comment: "Studebaker sure made some weird looking cars!"
                              No doubt they were driving some excellent styling example like a '59 El Camino (or '59 GM Anything[xx(])

KURTRUK
                              (read it backwards)
                              KURTRUK
                              (read it backwards)

Comment

Working...
                              X