My new baby is home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new baby is home

After a grueling 2 weeks of waiting for the transport truck to show up I have a new studebaker! 1950 Champion 4 door. Nice amateur restoration, runs and drives well. Just what I was looking for, a great driver car needing enough "tweaking" to keep me busy and interested.

My 63 Lark project is up for grabs as I just dont have the space for everything right now. Its a project but its pretty solid and very complete.

The obligatory coming home photo...more to come once I've had a chance to clean all the transport dirt off her (so much for enclosed carriers)

Heading to York tomorrow to see what presents I can buy her.

Boy is She Pretty

Mabel 1949 Champion
    1957 Silverhawk
    1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    1955 President State
    1957 Golden Hawk
    Fresno,Ca
    Mabel 1949 Champion
    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    The Prez 1955 President State
    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
    Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
    Fresno,Ca

Comment

Congrats on your nice Champion!! An iconic Stude, for sure.

Yes, MY uncle REALLY DID have one.

Roger "153624" Hill

55 Champion
      47 M-5
      Izzer Buggy
      Junior Wagon
      Roger Hill

60 Lark Vlll, hardtop, black/red, Power Kit, 3 spd. - "Juliette"
      61 Champ Deluxe, 6, black/red, o/d, long box. - "Jeri"
      Junior Wagon - "Junior"

"In the end, dear undertaker,
      Ride me in a Studebaker"

Comment

Nice Anne, you'll have lots of miles & smiles with this one.

101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Very nice JT - Congratulations![^][8D]

<h5>Mark
          '57 Transtar Deluxe
          Vancouver Island

The NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
          May 23 & 24, 2009; check it out at -
          http://sdcvi.shawwebspace.ca/
          </h5>
          Mark Hayden
          '66 Commander

Comment

"My new baby is home"

Aww how cute, how much does she weigh?, length, eye color, does he/she look more like mom or dad?

Car looks nice, enjoy.
            Couldn't resist, had a friend who had a baby the other day, and all the stanard questions popped into my head when I saw your post.

ChopStu
            61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

I can spend a few hours cleaning transport soil off for a lot less than the difference in cost between open and enclosed transport. I have used both open and enclosed transport.

Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Great find. You will get lots of attention at cruise ins and car shows.

1950 Champion four doors are cool cars. I owned one for over 30 years.

Gary Sanders
                Nixa, MO
                President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
                Gary Sanders
                Nixa, MO

Comment

I like those 1950s with painted headlight rims. That is the way that Bob Bourke wanted them, but Studebaker wanted more chrome.

Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studegary

I like those 1950s with painted headlight rims. That is the way that Bob Bourke wanted them, but Studebaker wanted more chrome.
                    Thanks everyone. I actually looked at some chrome headlight trim at York today but the more I thought about it I like the painted look too.

Next time I probably will go with the open transport since the enclosed did nothing to keep the car clean. She had a good bath when I got home today though and is looking alot better.

Comment

In 1964 when I was transferred to Hawaii, I bought a '50 Champion 4-door, same color (but not condition) to drive until my Wagonaire got there. It actually had gray leather seats (tastefully coordinated my 50% contrasting duct tape). Also had a vinyl headliner. Oh yes, I paid $50 for it.

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia. '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Daytona convertible, '53 Commander Starliner, Museum R-4 engine, '62 Gravely Model L, '72 Gravely Model 430

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                      '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studegary

I can spend a few hours cleaning transport soil off for a lot less than the difference in cost between open and enclosed transport. I have used both open and enclosed transport.
                        It would dependent on the time of the year. If was in winter and it has to travel over roads where lots of salt is being used, I would go for the enclosed transport. One time, we had to write off almost an entire shipment of copper pipe that was shipped on an open trailer. The normally shiny copper was totally green by the time it arrived![xx(]

Craig

Comment

Working...
                        X