I found 4 Studes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I found 4 Studes

YEA!!! I finally found cars out here close to nowhere! Just like you East coast guys.... hahah.

I have driven past this chain-link fenched acreage for many years, telling myself that I needed to stop someday and ask if there were any Studebakers there. Well, as I drove by today there was a forklift and 2 trucks there and I knew I had better stop today before something got to the crusher that I wanted.

He had no Studes there, but does own 4, and all are for sale. They are stored outside 'in town', so I can go look at them. I am not interested in any of them, so if any of you are interested (more than curiousity) I will do something for you.

They have been stored outdoors, surely all have surface rust but this is pretty dry country. I know nothing more than what is stated.

'58 Champion 4 dr 6 cyl 3 sp w/od

'55 Commander 4 dr V-8 259 3 sp w/od

'53 2R16 1 1/2 ton flatbed 245 6 cyl 4 sp

'50 Commander 4 dr 6 cyl 170 3 sp w/od

Let me know if you want to know something cuz you're interested.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Lubbock,Texas,Bob?
    Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Yes, Lubbock, TX. Sorry, guess I was arogant enough to think everyone knew that. I'm sorry.

360 miles west of Dallas/Ft.Worth, 360 miles east of Albuquerque, 120 miles south of Amarillo. On the dead end of I27 between I40 and I20.

Comment

I went to look at these cars today, and here's what I found. Just a walk around, no deep details.

58 Champion 4 dr -- restorable, surface rust, no fabric but all seat metal, all chrome in nice condition, dash looks good.

55 Commander 4 dr -- most of body has rust damage, all of engine is there (I think) except for air cleaner.

50 Commander 4 dr -- parts car for metal

50 Commander 2 dr -- parts car, some metal already parted out.

The two 50s have 3 rear glasses intact.

Comment

Wish they were closer. I wouldn't mind having that '58 as a parts car. Or if anyone here buys it and parts it, lemme know.

Matthew Burnette
          Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

I just realized that I have not mentioned that the owner considers all of these parts cars and will part out for sale anything someone wants.

Matt, I'm not an expert on your car, but this car has what I think is all of its chrome, and it is no less than good driver condition, maybe slightly better.

Comment

Email sent, Bob.

Matthew Burnette
              Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

If these 2 '50's ARE Commanders and original, they are not 170's, they are 245's Commander Big Sixes, ten times the engine that the Champion is.
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Pics taken, will email later today when I have more time. For all but Matthew, the cars are 17A-F3 and 17A-W3.

Comment

If they have Vacuum wipers I need Drivers side wiper assembly for my 1949 Champion. Mine pops out when in use too much. The passenger side is fine. Mine are Cable driven.

Mabel 1949 Champion
                    1957 Silverhawk
                    1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
                    Gus 1958 Transtar
                    1955 President State
                    1957 Golden Hawk
                    Fresno,Ca
                    Mabel 1949 Champion
                    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
                    Gus 1958 Transtar
                    The Prez 1955 President State
                    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
                    Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
                    Fresno,Ca

Comment

Anne, do you mean the under dash mechanism for the cables and wiper shaft, or the external, cowl-mounted hardware? One of the cats (haha, I mean cars.) does have the external chrome hardware including the wiper arms. I don't know about the cable pulley stuff.

Comment

All emails spent to me before about 3 pm central time have been replied to and pics sent.

Comment

Working...
                        X