Tyranny in Studebaker-Land!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyranny in Studebaker-Land!

Nominated for most humorous typo in a Studebaker advertisement to date. Has this Challenger survived the political overthrow of The Waukesha City Council? BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

LOL! That is good!

1963 Lark, waiting for spring...

Comment

Tyranny work happens without aspiration!

Comment

That's funny. I will have to put it on my list.

Of course I am not a good speller but these are funny...

Car has never had any bondage

It runs perfect when excellerating but while going down the road at a steady speed it spits and sputters.

This car is old but with a little time put into it and the patients to do it

THIS CAR IS EQUIPED WITH A FACTORY CUMPACE WITH A LIGHT

1930 SUDEBAKER, VERY RARE AND IN BEAUTIFUL CONDITION,TWO YEAR OLD RESTORATION WITH NEW MOLE HAIR INTERIOR

1952 Studebaker. It has a Mustang front end Rock and pin stering

PHOTO A LITTLE BOY AND HIS PETAL CAR

I have an old trailer that my husband's grandparents used to hall all of their gardening materials around in.

It runs and drives. It needs breaks.

COCA COLA old photo NEGATIVE Quacker State SIGN w CAR

63 Lark Vanity

Early Close up Photo of Humpmobile Auto

Yes it has a few bubble/rust spots on front wheel fenders and on fenders by the doors but NOT, I repeat NOT threw rust.

this car has had some miner body work done

Thanks for looking. I will be listing the hole car soon.
        The engine is a numbers matching LS Packard engine 289 Studebaker V8 with soild lipters.

This car needs rusteration and has a rust problem, but runs extremely well and handles great for a 50 year old car.

it has even won three curzing awards over the last four years in Southern California

1963 Studebaker : Lark Varsity

1954 STUDEBAKER CHAMPION LOWLEY COUPE RAT ROD PROJECT

IT HAD A CAR COVER ON IT.I TALKED TO THE OWNER AND HE SAID THAT IT WAS AN EIRLOOM AND WAS NOT FOR SALE.

63 Studebaker Meadowlark

Model T car was in a Reck

1900 Studebaker horse drawn wagon hey wagon

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

OH MY! So many good ones! I am still laughing!!

Personal faves: Mole hair (very soft!) Miner body work (multi-talented miners!) And the grand prize goes to: Needs rusteration, and has a rust problem. Ahh, they are all classic!

1963 Lark, waiting for spring...

Comment

Funniest one I ever had was real:

Fall 1968: Student teaching Industrial Arts (Metal Shop) at John Marshall High School in Indianapolis. Buddy from Purdue was also student teaching there at the same time.

Buddy was student teaching Graphic Arts and getting married in the spring. Naturally, it made sense for him to typeset and print his own wedding invitations.

He had typeset the invitations and asked me to proofread the copy before he made the press run.

He had set: Mr. & Mrs. John Smith request the honor of your presents at the marriage of their daughter....

I told him I thought that was being a bit too forward, that people would probably bring presents anyway.[:0] (He wasn't much of a grammarian, so it took a few minutes to explain it.) BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Having a daughter getting married this year, that's hilarious. She'd be mortified if those ever went out. Finding spare cash for a daughter's wedding this year is certainly worthy of a few rare laughs.

Comment

"hardened seats" peepul!!!!! Hardened seats, not very comfortable. And I can't believe ya'll missed that! I know, YOU guys think he meant the engine mounts. Mounts what??? Nevermind, I'm stopping now.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

Thanks for the laughs! Always appreciated. [^]

<h5>Mark
                  '57 Transtar Deluxe
                  Vancouver Island

The NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
                  May 23 & 24, 2009; check it out at -
                  http://sdcvi.shawwebspace.ca/
                  </h5>
                  Mark Hayden
                  '66 Commander

Comment

Those are great Leonard! But I think you may want to add this:

I have a 1955 stude that has been left alone, still has the original harverster Engine and tranny.

LOL!

As seen on this post: "Has this E12 been discussed?"
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I'll add this:

A car like this only comes along every once and a while

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                      Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

How about (the all too common): "Running when parked"

<h5>Mark
                        '57 Transtar Deluxe
                        Vancouver Island

The NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
                        May 23 & 24, 2009; check it out at -
                        http://sdcvi.shawwebspace.ca/
                        </h5>
                        Mark Hayden
                        '66 Commander

Comment

Originally posted by BobGlasscock

"hardened seats" peepul!!!!! Hardened seats, not very comfortable. And I can't believe ya'll missed that! I know, YOU guys think he meant the engine mounts. Mounts what??? Nevermind, I'm stopping now.

I just thought he meant hardened valve seats, Bob [?] Guess I'm the cricket in the audience. [)]

Comment

Working...
                          X