NOW she tells me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOW she tells me!

OK, so it wasn't like I told her about it til after the fact, but you'll recall the beautiful 58 President that just sold for $8K. I told the wife about it today and she gave me h*ll for not buying it! <sigh>

OK - bring on another pristine 58 President sedan![}]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1963 Cruiser
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

OK, so it wasn't like I told her about it til after the fact, but you'll recall the beautiful 58 President that just sold for $8K. I told the wife about it today and she gave me h*ll for not buying it! <sigh>

OK - bring on another pristine 58 President sedan![}]
    That was the BOTM (Buy of the Month) wasn't it, Bob? BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Yes it was! To tell the truth, I didn't look at it too much. I just put it outta my head.[V]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1963 Cruiser
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

She, who must be obeyed!
        Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

And me just 20 minutes from it, with a heated garage to keep it safe till you came for it.......

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
          Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1963 Cruiser
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe
            1957 President two door

Comment

Must be a "car" thing with wives... mine has said the same thing about various Stude car models, but she never has told me "You should have bought that Transtar 2 Ton HD unit..." [}][B)]

<h5>Mark
              '57 Transtar Deluxe
              Vancouver Island

The NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
              May 23 & 24, 2009; check it out at -
              http://sdcvi.shawwebspace.ca/
              </h5>
              Mark Hayden
              '66 Commander

Comment

I had this beautiful President on my watch list(love the 58's including the Packards),but it got too rich for me being a 4 door & all & me being Canadian $8000. US turns into $10'000. Cdn. plus the high canadian taxes I am compeled to pay would have meant I would have had $11,500 into the car by the time I got it home.I think thats a bit rich for a 4 door albeit a lovely car.Oh well maybe next time.

Comment

Bob , heres another '58 that is going to be for sale ....its an original President with it's original paint , a real nice one . Its in the South Bend area , you could fly up for the spring Zone meet and driver her home ! Let me know , I can hook you up with the owner I probably have a few more pics of it if your interested .

[IMG]Home of the Fried Green Tomato
                  "IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ
                  1964 Daytona HT
                  sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Working...
                  X