exterior color recomendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exterior color recomendations

would like exterior color recomendations for my 51 starlight. car has been modified and all seams removed as well as door handles. fenders have been welded on. the interior is being delivered to york by slick street stuff. the interior is a medium to light grey leather. any recomendations will be looked at and opinions are appreciated

Since you are in Massachusetts ... You can go with a Darker to very Dark color.. Of the darker '51 colors, I like the black-Cherry. If you want to go away from a "stock" color... that car would look awesome in a Brandywine metallic(maroon/purple).

Ray

Specializing in Studebaker Restoration
    Ray

www.raylinrestoration.com

Comment

Broken record time.

Brandywine metallic missed the final cut on my 54 hardtop when I decided to deviate from my traditional paint schemes.

It looks great in changing light conditions as it almost appears to change hues. IMHO it would look great with a shave and deck but retaining the chrome bumpers, grill and tail lights. Just enough "Bling"

Remember, it take the same quality of body work as gloss black.

Bob []

Comment

the final choice colors do have brandywine and black cherry on the short list. am keeping the headlights and taillights as well as the grills chrome. car is shaved and decked

Comment

Me three for the same colors,but invest in House of Color- maybe their brandywine Kandy. PPG has a lot of special effects colors too. Once you start looking at the chips though,it might be impossible to finally choose.!

Oglesby,Il.
          " He's not happy unless there's some piece of $#%& in the driveway to work on"
          Oglesby,Il.

Comment

With modified, all choices are available, since you're not trying to stay true to the colors available in 51. HOWEVER (!), I love my Maui Blue 51 and of course, it is an original 51 Stude color. I can imagine something close to Maui Blue, but with modern effects (candy?, pearl?, metallic?, clear/base instead of single step...)

Remember, it's your car and ultimately your decision. This is one of those cases where if you ask 10 people, you'll get 11 opinions!

Las Vegas, NV - Stop by, coffee's on!
            '51 Champion Business Coupe G899965 10G-Q4-1434

Comment

Peruse this thread... scroll down to the '60 Hawk... This color would be perfect for your car (if a custom/mod)

Ray

Ray

Ray

www.raylinrestoration.com

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 52hawk

Me three for the same colors,but invest in House of Color- maybe their brandywine Kandy. PPG has a lot of special effects colors too. Once you start looking at the chips though,it might be impossible to finally choose.!

Oglesby,Il.
                " He's not happy unless there's some piece of $#%& in the driveway to work on"
                I loooked at house of kolor but my paint man does not particulary like there product.

Comment

This car is going to end up in Jupiter fla
                  quote:Originally posted by Studeman

Since you are in Massachusetts ... You can go with a Darker to very Dark color.. Of the darker '51 colors, I like the black-Cherry. If you want to go away from a "stock" color... that car would look awesome in a Brandywine metallic(maroon/purple).

Ray

Comment

For your modified I have two suggestions:
                    1. medium charcoal with metalflake and brandywine pin striping or accents;
                    2. peach (not orange and not yellow but more vibrant than a sand color) again with brandywine striping or accents.

Either color goes with the gray interior. Just my idea.

Comment

Interesting option. I will look into it
                      quote:Originally posted by monomaniac

For your modified I have two suggestions:
                      1. medium charcoal with metalflake and brandywine pin striping or accents;
                      2. peach (not orange and not yellow but more vibrant than a sand color) again with brandywine striping or accents.

Either color goes with the gray interior. Just my idea.

Comment

Working...
                      X