This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Home Decor

I recently added a kitchen, family room and bathroom onto my house and I did the whole thing in a Studebaker theme. Below is my family room. I used half of an old Studebaker billboard on the wall.

Below is my bathroom. I used a 59-60 Lark front piece for the vanity mirror. The headlight lenses are 39 Chevy which fit perfectly.

I turned my old kitchen into a hobby room. The laminate on the countertops was designed by Raymond Loewy. He called it "Skylark". Formica has brought it back, but they call it "Boomerang". I put a white plexiglas cover over the old sink hole and put lights beneath it for a light table.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Now, THAT is sweet!!! []

Matthew Burnette
    Hazlehurst, Georgia
    '59 Scotsman PU
    '63 Daytona HT

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

Comment

Now, THAT is sweet!!! []

Matthew Burnette
      Hazlehurst, Georgia
      '59 Scotsman PU
      '63 Daytona HT

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

Comment

Leonard, dammit man - You're LIVIN' IT!!! Color me envious.[]

I'm actually doin' a bit of remodelling at the moment, but in deference to the better half, it will be with a bit more conventional decor.[|)] Still, I get to keep my coffee table/horn button display where I can see it - that is when it isn't covered with folded clothes or textbooks.[V] Then, of course - there's the office![^]

Miscreant adrift in
        the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Leonard, dammit man - You're LIVIN' IT!!! Color me envious.[]

I'm actually doin' a bit of remodelling at the moment, but in deference to the better half, it will be with a bit more conventional decor.[|)] Still, I get to keep my coffee table/horn button display where I can see it - that is when it isn't covered with folded clothes or textbooks.[V] Then, of course - there's the office![^]

Miscreant adrift in
          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote: I'm actually doin' a bit of remodelling at the moment, but in deference to the better half, it will be with a bit more conventional decor.
            My Better Half high tailed it many years ago, that is why I get to do this kind of thing. I had 5 Studebakers when she left. When we were dividing up our possessions, I asked her about the Studebakers. She said "I never want to see that ---- again!". Of course, I had to sell them all anyway to pay the lawyer!

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

quote: I'm actually doin' a bit of remodelling at the moment, but in deference to the better half, it will be with a bit more conventional decor.
              My Better Half high tailed it many years ago, that is why I get to do this kind of thing. I had 5 Studebakers when she left. When we were dividing up our possessions, I asked her about the Studebakers. She said "I never want to see that ---- again!". Of course, I had to sell them all anyway to pay the lawyer!

Comment

Leonard,

You need to relay the story about how you went to pick up your son and she asked there THAT Studebaker came from.

Gary

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Leonard,

You need to relay the story about how you went to pick up your son and she asked there THAT Studebaker came from.

Gary

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

quote: Leonard,

Gary
                    When my wife left me, I was about half way through restoring my 62 Daytona convertible (289 - 4 speed). I completed it after she left. I drove it to her apartment to pick up my son (he is the one sitting in the car next to a friend's daughter). My Ex asked where I had gotten the money to buy that car. I told her it was the one I was working on. She said "Is that the one with no doors?!). I said "It had doors, I just hadn't put them on." The bottom pic is what it looked like when it was finished next to my 55 Commander.

Comment

quote: Leonard,

Gary
                      When my wife left me, I was about half way through restoring my 62 Daytona convertible (289 - 4 speed). I completed it after she left. I drove it to her apartment to pick up my son (he is the one sitting in the car next to a friend's daughter). My Ex asked where I had gotten the money to buy that car. I told her it was the one I was working on. She said "Is that the one with no doors?!). I said "It had doors, I just hadn't put them on." The bottom pic is what it looked like when it was finished next to my 55 Commander.

Comment

Heh - heh... Leonard, I know you've been asked about that signature photo of yours before, but now that I know about your dearly departed, I see that photo as a picture of you gesturing while you drive by her place! [:0][xx(][}]

Miscreant adrift in
                        the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                        1960 Larkvertible V8
                        1958 Provincial wagon
                        1953 Commander coupe

Comment

Heh - heh... Leonard, I know you've been asked about that signature photo of yours before, but now that I know about your dearly departed, I see that photo as a picture of you gesturing while you drive by her place! [:0][xx(][}]

Miscreant adrift in
                          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                          1960 Larkvertible V8
                          1958 Provincial wagon
                          1953 Commander coupe

Comment

Leonard, I'm impressed with your ingenuity in your remodeling and your restoration work. One of these days, you and I ought to have a man to man about women too![)]

steve blake

steve blake...roaming the Texas Panhandle in my trusty Champ pickup
                            http://tinyurl.com/kr3gt

Comment

Leonard, I'm impressed with your ingenuity in your remodeling and your restoration work. One of these days, you and I ought to have a man to man about women too![)]

steve blake

steve blake...roaming the Texas Panhandle in my trusty Champ pickup
                              http://tinyurl.com/kr3gt

Comment

Working...
                              X