March TW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March TW

I received March Turning Wheels today. This the earliest I have ever received one. And Jeffs picture on the inside cover. That is cool. Also received a Registration form from West Tennessee Car Show. And my dealer plaque from Fred Case Motors from Bob Kapteyn. This has been a real Studebaker day.

7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2
    Middle Tennessee 37th Annual Car Show April 4 2009

Wow, I just got my February issue. You must pay extra for the first class delivery.

Jon Stalnaker
    Editor, Hawk Talks
    Karel Staple Chapter SDC
    Jon Stalnaker
    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Received mine a few days ago. The back page inside & outside are nice photos too.

New Jersey & Studes Perfect Together

Comment

I noticed something similar...March came only two weeks after Feb. this time around.

Andy
        62 GT

Andy
        62 GT

Comment

Just got mine yesterday. Great stuff in there! I love the inside front cover picture! My wife (who rarely comments on Turning Wheels stuff, or car pictures in general, actually said she liked that picture too.)

1963 Lark, waiting for spring...

Comment

quote:Originally posted by tutone63

I love the inside front cover picture! My wife (who rarely comments on Turning Wheels stuff, actually said she liked that picture too.)
            Must be a COLOR thing, my wife noticed it as well.

ChopStu
            61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Love that Speedster photo on the back cover! Chandler Holmes, co-owner of the car, lives ten or twelve miles from me and that car is an absolute beaut! I love how it sits perfectly and appears to have just-the-right-size tires and whitewall-width! Chandler's Dad was a co-owner in a Studebaker dealer in the greater Chicago area up until the '40's I believe I recall him saying.

Also, on page 16, about the Studebaker National Foundation, I noted a couple names in the "memorial funds" column that gave me pause. Wayne Francisco was formerly the SDC President. When I was a novice to SDC and had recently bought my Skytop which needed mucho work at the time, I was out in Pheonix on business and stopped by his large tire and repair facility, armed with photos of my new "baby". I stopped in unannounced and Wayne had me come right in his office and was as courteous and supportive as I could have hoped, and didn't make me feel rushed or anything. I hadn't heard he had passed away.

Also, "Andrew Petros".....that's not Andy from South Bend, is it? (although I think his last name was spelled differently).

Bill Pressler
              Kent, OH
              '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1
              '64 Daytona Hardtop
              Bill Pressler
              Kent, OH
              (formerly Greenville, PA)
              Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
              Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
              1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
              1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
              All are in Australia now