This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prototype car in advertising

I have a brochure from 1965 with all the models shown. On the back cover, this car is pictured. Is it just me, or does this car seem to be a prototype? Can anyone guess what about this car is non-production? [8D]

Matthew Burnette
    Hazlehurst, Georgia
    '59 Scotsman PU
    '63 Daytona HT

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

The car looks like a perfectly normal 1965 model to me. I can't see the wheelcovers too well but they seem to resemble 1963 covers rather than what was used.

Comment

The car looks like a perfectly normal 1965 model to me. I can't see the wheelcovers too well but they seem to resemble 1963 covers rather than what was used.

Comment

It has clear turn signal lenses rather then amber, don't know if thats it Matthew
        Frank van Doorn
        Omaha, Ne.
        1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
        1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
        1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

It has clear turn signal lenses rather then amber, don't know if thats it Matthew
          Frank van Doorn
          Omaha, Ne.
          1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
          1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
          1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

I didn't notice the wheel covers. They do look odd though.

Yes, the turn signal lenses is one 'mistake'. There's a couple more...

Matthew Burnette
            Hazlehurst, Georgia
            '59 Scotsman PU
            '63 Daytona HT

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

Comment

I didn't notice the wheel covers. They do look odd though.

Yes, the turn signal lenses is one 'mistake'. There's a couple more...

Matthew Burnette
              Hazlehurst, Georgia
              '59 Scotsman PU
              '63 Daytona HT

Comment

OK, I think it's the Daytona trim on that 4 door when there was no '65 Daytona 4 door sedans. The wheel covers don't look correct either. And as mentioned above, the parklamps have clear lenses instead of the amber ones.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Tom - Lakeland, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Michigan Speed - www.michiganspeed.com
                Club Hot Rod - www.clubhotrod.com
                LS1 Tech - www.ls1tech.com
                Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

OK, I think it's the Daytona trim on that 4 door when there was no '65 Daytona 4 door sedans. The wheel covers don't look correct either. And as mentioned above, the parklamps have clear lenses instead of the amber ones.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Tom - Lakeland, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

quote:OK, I think it's the Daytona trim on that 4 door when there was no '65 Daytona 4 door sedans. The wheel covers don't look correct either.
                    The belt line trim is another thing. Still more...

Matthew Burnette
                    Hazlehurst, Georgia
                    '59 Scotsman PU
                    '63 Daytona HT

Comment

quote:OK, I think it's the Daytona trim on that 4 door when there was no '65 Daytona 4 door sedans. The wheel covers don't look correct either.
                      The belt line trim is another thing. Still more...

Matthew Burnette
                      Hazlehurst, Georgia
                      '59 Scotsman PU
                      '63 Daytona HT

Comment

quote:Originally posted by mbstude

I have a brochure from 1965 with all the models shown. On the back cover, this car is pictured. Is it just me, or does this car seem to be a prototype? Can anyone guess what about this car is non-production? [8D]

Matthew Burnette
                        Hazlehurst, Georgia
                        '59 Scotsman PU
                        '63 Daytona HT

The pic is not real good....but I will list what I think I see (or don't see<G&gt:
                        1) Hood ornament does not look correct, looks like it is attached to the sloped portion of the hood
                        2) No model name on the front of the fender side
                        3) Black 'highlight' on side trim is not correct
                        4) Wheelcovers are different from production '65s

Paul

Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: http://hometown.aol.com/r1skytop/myhomepage/index.html
                        Paul
                        Winston-Salem, NC
                        Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
                        Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

quote:Originally posted by mbstude

Matthew Burnette
                          Hazlehurst, Georgia
                          '59 Scotsman PU
                          '63 Daytona HT

The pic is not real good....but I will list what I think I see (or don't see<G&gt:
                          1) Hood ornament does not look correct, looks like it is attached to the sloped portion of the hood
                          2) No model name on the front of the fender side
                          3) Black 'highlight' on side trim is not correct
                          4) Wheelcovers are different from production '65s

Paul

Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: http://hometown.aol.com/r1skytop/myhomepage/index.html
                          Paul
                          Winston-Salem, NC
                          Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
                          Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

There is no Commander or Cruiser nameplates on the from fenders.

Tom - Lakeland, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

There is no Commander or Cruiser nameplates on the from fenders.

Tom - Lakeland, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

Working...
                              X