This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAMING YOUR CAR

I am having a issue here with my cruise buddies in Cleveland. They make fun of me and think it is unmanly to name a car. They all agree that Stuart is a fine car, but naming him Stuart is a little precious. Its just that Stuart feels like he has a personality, where my Geo feels like an appliance, and no one names a toaster.

Stuart is down for his nap now. I wish I could drive him everyday, but Cleveland Ohio is salt center USA>

Stuart B. Baker is his full name. I do not think a name like Thor or Road Warrior would suite a beige sedan.

Comment

Stuart B. Baker is his full name. I do not think a name like Thor or Road Warrior would suite a beige sedan.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by S_Ferrell

I think you should change his middle initial to D...then he could be STU D. BAKER [)]

Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA
        Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

I think you should change his middle initial to D...then he could be STU D. BAKER [)]

Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA
          Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Comment

Now you are talking. The worst of the guys owns a 1967 Rambler Rogue Hardtop. A Rambler owner, making fun of me?

Comment

Now you are talking. The worst of the guys owns a 1967 Rambler Rogue Hardtop. A Rambler owner, making fun of me?

Comment

I am having a issue here with my cruise buddies in Cleveland. They make fun of me and think it is unmanly to name a car. They all agree that Stuart is a fine car, but naming him Stuart is a little precious. Its just that Stuart feels like he has a personality, where my Geo feels like an appliance, and no one names a toaster.

Stuart is down for his nap now. I wish I could drive him everyday, but Cleveland Ohio is salt center USA>
                I never named a car myself (at least not a complimentary one), but my kids years ago somehow named my '53 "Happy Days Car" and it has kind of stuck.

[img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/R-4.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64L.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64P.jpg[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/53K.jpg[/img=right]Paul Johnson
                '53 Commander Starliner (since 1966)
                '64 Daytona Wagonaire (original owner)
                '64 Daytona Convertible (2006)
                Museum R-4 engine
                Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

I never named a car myself (at least not a complimentary one), but my kids years ago somehow named my '53 "Happy Days Car" and it has kind of stuck.

[img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/R-4.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64L.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64P.jpg[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/53K.jpg[/img=right]Paul Johnson
                  '53 Commander Starliner (since 1966)
                  '64 Daytona Wagonaire (original owner)
                  '64 Daytona Convertible (2006)
                  Museum R-4 engine
                  Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                  '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Dick is right. Just tell them his name is "Stu". That's macho.

Speaking of the appliances, if I decide to get one of those new Scion xB rectangular box vehicles, it really won't deserve a human name. But it could be a really good appliance. Besides, why buy a new car with style in mind when I already have a Studebaker? Can't really beat that for style.

[img=left]http://rocketdillo.com/studebaker/misc/images/Avacar-hcsdc.gif[/img=left]DilloCrafter

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                    The Red-Headed Amazon
                    Deep in the heart of Texas

Paul Simpson
                    "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                    The Red-Headed Amazon

Comment

Dick is right. Just tell them his name is "Stu". That's macho.

Speaking of the appliances, if I decide to get one of those new Scion xB rectangular box vehicles, it really won't deserve a human name. But it could be a really good appliance. Besides, why buy a new car with style in mind when I already have a Studebaker? Can't really beat that for style.

[img=left]http://rocketdillo.com/studebaker/misc/images/Avacar-hcsdc.gif[/img=left]DilloCrafter

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                      The Red-Headed Amazon

Paul Simpson
                      "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                      The Red-Headed Amazon

Comment

My '61 Hawk is named "Carrie's Curse".
                        Gave it that name way back in high school as it took all my time away from my girlfriend.
                        We've been going together and married for almost 35 years. Nothing's changed
                        Oh, the yellow truck has a name too.
                        It's called the "Yellow POS"...
                        Yep... Nuthin's changed, fer sure[:0]
                        Jeff[8D]

DEEPNHOCK at Gmail.com
                        Brooklet, Georgia
                        '37 Coupe Express (never ending project)
                        '37 Coupe Express Trailer (project)
                        '61 Hawk (project)
                        http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

My '61 Hawk is named "Carrie's Curse".
                          Gave it that name way back in high school as it took all my time away from my girlfriend.
                          We've been going together and married for almost 35 years. Nothing's changed
                          Oh, the yellow truck has a name too.
                          It's called the "Yellow POS"...
                          Yep... Nuthin's changed, fer sure[:0]
                          Jeff[8D]

DEEPNHOCK at Gmail.com
                          Brooklet, Georgia
                          '37 Coupe Express (never ending project)
                          '37 Coupe Express Trailer (project)
                          '61 Hawk (project)
                          http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Some suggestions for my Avanti:
                            Sherwood...after the man who had it built.
                            Raymond...after it's designer (or at least head designer)
                            Exxon Valdez...for its oil leak

Or maybe The Rat Pack...because driving it listening to the "real oldies" station (the only music I can pick up on AM)...takes me back to that era that I was far too young to experience personally (though I feel like getting a suit with a narrow tie to dress the part when I drive it).

63 Avanti R1 2788
                            1914 Stutz Bearcat
                            (George Barris replica)

Washington State
                            63 Avanti R1 2788
                            1914 Stutz Bearcat
                            (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Some suggestions for my Avanti:
                              Sherwood...after the man who had it built.
                              Raymond...after it's designer (or at least head designer)
                              Exxon Valdez...for its oil leak

Or maybe The Rat Pack...because driving it listening to the "real oldies" station (the only music I can pick up on AM)...takes me back to that era that I was far too young to experience personally (though I feel like getting a suit with a narrow tie to dress the part when I drive it).

63 Avanti R1 2788
                              1914 Stutz Bearcat
                              (George Barris replica)

Washington State
                              63 Avanti R1 2788
                              1914 Stutz Bearcat
                              (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Working...
                              X