Intake manifold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intake manifold

I am trying to help my brother identify the intake below. He thinks it is from a 289 that he sold off several years ago. http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...t=DSC05299.jpg

That steering wheel would sure look nice in my 40 Nash...

Comment

That is a '54ish-'58 4BBl for a Carter WCFB carburetor. They made a minor change in the choke stove in '59, so they have a different part#.

The manifold will "FIT" all Studebaker V8s... provided you use comparable year carburetors and linkage.
      It is not a good swap for mid-'62 and up cars... because it doesn't have the coil-mounting lugs.

Specializing in Studebaker Restoration
      Ray

www.raylinrestoration.com
      Specializing in Studebaker Restoration

Comment

I asked my brother and he said he wants to let go of the intake and the steering wheel (18" diameter with 3/4 shaft hole & keyed)

Comment

Do you have a price for the steering wheel?
          Klif

55 Speedster
          63 Avanti R2
          55 Speedster/Street Machine
          63 Avanti R2
          64 Convertible R1

Comment

He said shoot him a price. There is a hairline crack where the bars meet the outer ring.

Comment

The manifold is early 4 barrel 55,56,57,58,
              Candbstudebakers
              Castro Valley,
              California

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bowss@aol.com

He said shoot him a price.
                That's one of the worst things he could say. Most people would be completely turned off by that. It's etiquette that the seller give the price to prospective buyers. Might want to suggest that to him. Good luck!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

He said shoot him a price.
                  That's one of the worst things he could say. Most people would be completely turned off by that. It's etiquette that the seller give the price to prospective buyers. That's why eBay is a great tool- if a seller doesn't want to give out a price (and the buyer doesn't want to play that) it can all be avoided with nan auction-style listing on eBay. Might want to suggest that to him. Good luck!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                  Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

He said he looking for $125 for the steering wheel

Comment

The intake weighs 30 lbs? Looking for $100

Comment

Shipping weight, with a box and padding, will end up right at 31 pounds....(BTDT)
                        Jeff[8D]

The intake weighs 30 lbs? Looking for $100
                        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Working...
                        X