Talk about an UNinformative Studebaker listing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talk about an UNinformative Studebaker listing

Shame of is it might actually be a real sleeper.

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia
    Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Wow, no kidding, this is a perfect example of how not to sell a car on ebay.

Comment

I think this is a case of someone wanting to use the free listing and not having time to take the pictures and get them posted. If I lived in the area I would be curious enough to contact him, so I guess it could work for him.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, both w/overdrive.Searcy,Arkansas
      "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."
      "In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

We called this gentleman earlier in the week. According to his description, the car is totally done, in excellent shape, he just needs to sell it due to lack of room. He said he works 16 hour days and would try to get some pictures posted by Monday (ironically, the auction ends on Tuesday). He sounded very proud of his car and the things he has done for it and was happy to talk about it over the phone (the phone number is included in the listing).

John and Tracy Smith
        Queen Creek Arizona

[IMG]

Comment

The seller has never bought or sold ANYTHING on eBay.

The listing will still probably do more for him than a Craig's List ad would.

I agree with Paul. This MIGHT be the deal of the century. (or not )

Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

[IMG][/IMG]

Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Comment

These listings always get my attention... wouldn't it be crazy if it was full-package r2 car?[:0][] You never know unless you check it out...

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
            Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

He does state the Serial Number as being 64V8431. That is not a JT-powered car.

John & Tracy: This could very much be worth pursuing; stay with him. BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I know, Bob, thanks. It was just a lame attempt at humor[|)]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

I would bet the Daytona is legit anyway. I seem to recall someone here saying they had called the phone number and spoken to the seller. Dont know about the Avanti but I had e-mailed the seller earlier this morning and fully expect to hear back. I may be too trusting but it costs nothing to bid and the seller would have to deliver the described car or I would be unable to deliver him the cash.Steve
                  sigpic

Comment

As long as you bid under the reserve it cost nothing, I guess. I have bought more than a few things on eBay, but never a car, so not sure I follow you, Steve. The buyer seems to always be responsible for delivery and it's always after the payment. I know what you meant by "deliver the car", but if there were pictures and an eBay track record, I'd feel better. I'd sure ask for a bank, or an official title service to make sure it was legit when and if money is to change hands. I truly hope it's a good car for someone if it's real. Not all sellers have sold hundreds of cars, true enough.
                    I'm not that trusting. At my TV station, we take over 500 emails and phone calls a week for Trouble-Shooter help on transactions that had "buyer beware" written all over it. Sad.

Comment

Working...
                    X