Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPEEDSTER vin #

Hi forum experts one of my Speedsters is serial # 7170016 does that
    mean that it was number 16 off the 1955 production line or?
    Jack

1955 SPEEDSTER LEMON/LIME
    1955 SPEEDSTER RED & WHITE
    1964 R2 GT HAWK (SID)

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

I get that it is the 20,015th '55 President V-8 built at the South Bend Plant!

7,170,016 minus the first '55 Pres. built at SB 7,150,001 equals 20,015

We might need the decimal Dude to help us out here, I am no good at this!

StudeRich at Studebakers Northwest -Ferndale,WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

The Speedster was simply a fancy President therefore the serial numbers are not segregated but mixed in with all the other President body styles. The starting serial number for the model 6H 1955 President was 7150001. That would make you car the 20,015th President built. If I am not mistaken your car should have a body number of 6HK7 2042 (see plate on the firewall). It would have been the 1588th South Bend Speedster built out of a total of 2215 (this [u]total</u> is for both South Bend and Los Angeles (Vernon). It was assembled toward the end of production on August 30, 1955 and the last Speedster serial 7170791 was assembled about 4 weeks later on September 26, 1955.

Richard Quinn
      editor: Antique Studebaker Review
      Richard Quinn
      Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Working...
      X