Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCSDC- Ray-Lin Restoration Tech-pages

NCSDC.COM is no more....
    My webspace provider wouldn't lower the price for space,($16.95/mo). A few months ago, I had to threaten to leave them if I didn't get unlimited space and they capitulated, However- there are 10000 providers that cost MUCH less.. (even though I've been with them since 1999) ...and they quit supporting MS Front-Page extensions.... everything had to be done via FTP...which SUCKS!!!
    I have the entire site archived- so we haven't lost anything... I'm just debating whether to build an all-new site for Ray-Lin Restoration, or just a personal site with space for my Tech-pages, Biz, eBay stuff, etc...

I will probably go with Fat-Cow for the new space... $4.83/month and they support Front-Page... good rep for service and back-up. I'm just thinking about a new Domain-Name, Maybe StudeTech.com, StudebakerTech.com, RayLinRestoration.com...etc...

Please be patient... If someone needs something from the tech-pages.. I can e-mail them as html.

Ray

Specializing in Studebaker Restoration
    Ray

www.raylinrestoration.com
    Specializing in Studebaker Restoration

Thanks for your efforts, Ray. What a great resource, and what an important part of the Stude world you are. Whatever you decide, we'll be looking forward to seeing it[^]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

I like the "RayLinRestoration.com" name, that way everybody knows where the information comes from, and knows it's correct. Whatever you decide, please don't keep your restoration knowledge a secret. For it was from your pages about repairing a clock is where I got the guts to tear into the clock from my 60 Hawk. Almost 15 years I've owned this car, and all the time it was just a broken wire. Now, if only I'd known about your tailfin trim trick BEFORE I wrestled with those darn metal ones! [B)]

Comment

Ray

If you don't mind your Corporate Name on the website, I'd vote for the Ray-Lin Restoration. com.

It gives you a little credit for the effort that you put forward that all of us appreciate and may result in some business from casual lurkers or newer members.

Last but not least, could be a business or advertising expense.

Thanks for your efforts.

Bob

Comment

I agree with the RayLinRestoration.com. It makes sense that all that good info come with a plug for your business.

Jeff DeWitt

Jeff DeWitt
          http://carolinastudes.net

Comment

Ray,
            Your site has always been a welcome source of information. Hope you are back up running soon.

Claude Chmielewski
            Studeski

Fillmore, Wisconsin
            47 M-16 Truck
            62 GT Hawk
            63 Lark
            64 Commander Wagonaire
            50 Champion Regal (parts car)
            63 GT Hawk R2
            [img=left]http://www.studeski.com/62hawk/62hawka/dakota01_250.jpg[/img=left]
            1936 Dictator
            1950 Champion Regal 4 dr parts car
            1953 Commander Regal HT
            1953 2R5 Pickup
            1947 M16 Truck
            1960 Lark VIII Convertible
            1960 Champ 5E7 step side short box
            1962 Champ 7E5 no box
            1962 GT Hawk
            1963 Lark VI 4 dr
            1963 GT Hawk R2
            1964 Daytona Convertible
            1964 Commander Wagonaire

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” ~ Abraham Lincoln​

Comment

DITTO anyone who has ever read your tech pages and has used them owes you. Keep up the good work and a personal thanks for the help you've give me both past and future
              quote:Originally posted by studeski

Ray,
              Your site has always been a welcome source of information. Hope you are back up running soon.

Claude Chmielewski
              Studeski

Fillmore, Wisconsin
              47 M-16 Truck
              62 GT Hawk
              63 Lark
              64 Commander Wagonaire
              50 Champion Regal (parts car)
              63 GT Hawk R2
              [img=left]http://www.studeski.com/62hawk/62hawka/dakota01_250.jpg[/img=left]

Russ Shop Foreman "Rusty Nut Garage"
              53 2R6 289 5SpdOD (driver)
              57 SH (project)
              60 Lark VIII 2dr sd (driver)

Russ Shop Foreman \"Rusty Nut Garage\"
              53 2R6 289 5SpdOD (driver)
              57 SH (project)
              60 Lark VIII 2dr sd (driver)

Comment

Working...
              X