Wedding Classic Car Rental

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wedding Classic Car Rental

I am looking for an old Studebaker, Ford, Chevy to rent for our wedding on 9/26/09. The ceremony is in Mishawaka, IN and reception is in South Bend, IN. We would only need the car and a driver (preferably the owner) for about 3 hours or so. We would love to stop for some pictures on the way to the reception. Maybe Notre Dame! Please help to make this special day for my fiancee and I complete!

Please send responses to madisonwedding@hotmail.com.

P.S. We are hoping for a car from the 50's or older. Pics and price would be great. And if you are not from South Bend it would be a great opportunity to see the home of the Studebaker!

Brian Madison Jr.

Just so you know, many of our insurance policies do not cover us if we rent, lease or use our vehicle as a taxi.

They can be used in a wedding, as many of us have, just not for money - which may be a big disincentive to anyone who has a car in your area.

Paul

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 55s

Just so you know, many of our insurance policies do not cover us if we rent, lease or use our vehicle as a taxi.

They can be used in a wedding, as many of us have, just not for money - which may be a big disincentive to anyone who has a car in your area.

Paul
      The simple answer to that is they are not paying for the car, they are paying for your time as the driver.

If I was closer I'd do it for you but Im in NJ

Comment

I did a wedding a couple years ago at Notre Dame, I asked that a donation be made to the Studebaker National Museum. That worked for me, AND helped the museum! and I got some great pictures on campus and a day off work too!!

Jim
        "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
        their Memorials!

Comment

In Pa. you can't legally do it without a chauffeur license and you can't legally do it if registered as an antique or classic.

That said, I would think if someone were willing to offer their vehicle and time without compensation, it would be most appropriate for the recipient of those services to extend a "Thank You" card in a sealed envelope.
          Brad Johnson,
          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

quote:Originally posted by rockne10

In Pa. you can't legally do it without a chauffeur license and you can't legally do it if registered as an antique or classic.

That said, I would think if someone were willing to offer their vehicle and time without compensation, it would be most appropriate for the recipient of those services to extend a "Thank You" card in a sealed envelope.
            I actually tried to start a service like this a few years back (in PA), because I had a nice 49 Cadillac that I let some friends use for their weddings, and it was a lot of fun. I though it might be a cool idea for a part-time business. However, the red tape and requirements were a mind-boggling nightmare. Needed a Chauffers license, special insurance, etc. Vehicle had to have a special license. Vehicle also had to be brought up to current state vehicle codes, and retrofitted with all modern safety features.

Also, if something were to happen, the vehicle owner could be sued, and his insurer might not back any claims.

Comment

Looks like a great opportunity for Studebaker to be seen!

The Indy Chapter did this last year in Indianapolis and it was a great event for the wedding party as well as those who owned the Studebaker cars used at the wedding.

This is difficult for me to understand guys,????????[xx(] we look for reasons why we can't have our car in a wedding ceremony/on display?

Have the rental fee go to the Stude owners favorite charity....

It is an addiction!
              It is an addiction!

Comment

Well thank God we don't all live in a messed up State like Penn.! [:0]

The lawmakers there must have too much time on their hands, to be writing laws on top of laws!
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

HEY!!! Rich, Remember CALIFORNIA!!!????

studedick from the lower Ozarks

Comment

It is not really as bad as the Rep. it has Dick.
                    Calif. has the best Motor Vehicle registration system in the world.
                    How many States will register a non-RV or boat trailer for FIVE years for $10.00 with a PTI Permanent Trailer Identification Plate or issue permanent locked in the system, Non-Op registration for non-operative vehicles for a minimal fee?

Or have original 1963 plates still in use in the system since new, or can be used with a year of Mfg. registration?

Or have a statute that allows a dead, out of the system old 1963 yellow on black plate to be re-incarnated?

Or NOT HAVE required safety inspections? Or City registration stickers and taxes? [^]
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

Well thank God we don't all live in a messed up State like Penn.! [:0]

The lawmakers there must have too much time on their hands, to be writing laws on top of laws!
                      You wouldnt believe how bad it has gotten here. They actually started passing laws last year, that said that any alteration to a vehicle requires a special title. That means that you could be arrested and have your title revoked if you put aftermarket wheels on your car, changed the color of your vehicle, put a trailer hitch on your truck, etc. It got real ugly. Lots of people and groups protested. Some of it is still up in the air.

Comment

Ecccchhh! I am glad I live in IOWA! Just a sales tax and a yearly fee for the registration. No safety checks, no stickers, no nothing. You don't even need the car you are licensing present. Just a signed title...I guess you have to fill out an application for a new title these days, but that is pretty simple as well.

I licensed both my Lark and my wifes Mercury without the courthouse even seeing them to make sure that they existed. (To this day, I don't think anyone there has seen either one of them, unless they happened to look out of their office window on the few occasions that I drive by there)

As far as the wedding thing goes. Who is to say that you are just offering them a ride for a while, as a friend? And if the should decide to give you some compensation for your time and gas, what is the trouble? (other than the foreboding worry of an accident and/or unintentional damage to the car...hmm, maybe I will give this more thought...)

1963 Lark, waiting for spring...

Comment

Working...
                        X