No announcement yet.

Karl has a new owner (pending pick up)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karl has a new owner (pending pick up)

We had many people offer to provide Karl a home and we are very appreciative of everyone's interest and support of our special project.

George King Sr. (Orestudeguy) responded very quickly on behalf of his son, George, who lives in Southern California. He assured us that Karl would not be parted out, but would be going to someone who was willing to take Karl on as a project. George (Jr.) has been looking for an early Lark to restore and has the enthusiam and know-how to move forward with Karl's rejuvenation.

George (Jr.) is coming on Thursday to pick up Karl on his only day off work this week. We are thrilled to say that he sounds very excited to get started and he even is going to keep Karl's name. We don't know if he is a member of the SDC already, but he will be going home with a copy of Turning Wheels if he is not. Too bad a trial SDC membership isn't available for every new Studebaker owner (although he does have a Stude up at his dad's). John has visions of Studebaker sellers on ebay including a year's membership to the SDC...

The Saga of Karl the Lark will soon be starting a new chapter, and we are excited to see what develops. In the meantime, the search for a new Studebaker for Tracy is just beginning...

John and Tracy Smith
    Queen Creek Arizona

[IMG]

Thanks for the update. I'm sure KKKKKKKKKarl will cooperate with George. I think KKKKKarl should have a stutter. I don't know why just seemed right. Good Luck in your search you new Studebaker is just waiting for you to find it.

Mabel 1949 Champion
    1957 Silverhawk
    1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    1955 President State
    1957 Golden Hawk
    Fresno,Ca
    Mabel 1949 Champion
    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    The Prez 1955 President State
    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
    Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
    Fresno,Ca

Comment

Even though I moved on after the auction, I'm still glad to hear such a nice little sedan got such a good home. Good luck to Karl and George jr.

Also the best of luck to you, John and Tracy. Tracy, you might also consider one of the two-door wagons as a driver. I have a '56 that is loads of fun to drive. 'Course, I have to get her running again so that I can drive her.[:I]

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
      Ron Smith
      Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
      Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
      Ron Smith
      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

John & Tracy,
        First off, I would like to thank you, and I know my son will be thanking you!
        He has always liked the looks of the early Larks. That started many years ago when I took him to a Stude meet @ La Palma. He has wanted one ever since. I told him about Bob having those cars for sale (on ebay) and he had the blue one (Karl) on his watch list. He got a service call and missed out on it. When I told him that you were looking for a new home for it his response to me was "let them know I want it!"
        Yes, he has another Studebaker here at my place in Oregon. It's a 1965 Commander 2 door sedan. It's our project together. That is when he makes his move to leave California and move here!
        He is not a member of the S.D.C. but will be soon.
        And I have a stack of Turning Wheels here for him to read as well as the one's in my "library".
        To say he is excited is an understatement .
        I am sure that he will be sending you updates as well as myself of the restoration of Karl.
        Once again, thank you!

George
        Grants Pass, Oregon
        65 Commander 2door
        64 Wagonaire's ( 1 Canadian fixed roof disc brake car, the other sliding roof South Bend car.)

63 GT Hawk
        51 Champion Starlight Coupe
        George King
        Grants Pass, Oregon
        64 Station Wagon with fixed roof (Canadian Car)

66 Station Wagon with fixed roof. Project car, complete For Sale...

64 Wagonaire sliding roof South Bend car. For Sale...

63 GT Hawk

51 Champion Starlight Coupe For Sale...

Comment

George, we are happy to see that Karl is going to such a good home and to a family with such Studebaker enthusiasm! We are really looking forward to watching Karl progress forward in his restoration and are looking forward to meeting your son tomorrow. This car has personality plus and deserves to have this chance to go places. That makes letting him go worthwhile!

(Ron, John is a HUGE wagon admirer, so they are on the "possibilities" list!)

John and Tracy Smith
          Queen Creek Arizona

[IMG]

Comment

quote:Originally posted by John and Tracy Smith

(Ron, John is a HUGE wagon admirer, so they are on the "possibilities" list!)
            Wait a minute here! Wasn't Karl TRACY"S car? So if he gets replaced wouldn't that be Tracy's decision?

Not trying to start a family feud, but fair is fair! Lol!
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Good for Karl!

Jeff Jones
              Tucson Arizona
              1947 M-5

Comment

[quote
                Well i'm still a little sorry that i didn't get to make KTDTH, but glad he's going to a young stude fan.

Many more of them younger fans are needed because age is a terminal disease, and i was just recently diagnoised with it.

J/T check out the other psot there is a link to a wagon in Utah. It's one of those (yuk) sliding roof ones. But I'd even do a road trip to help you pick it up. As long as it is anywhere but in the SLC danger zone.

Comment

Working...
                X