The Oddest Studebaker Clip Ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Oddest Studebaker Clip Ever

Many people on this forum have posted about Studebakers they've seen in movies, tv shows, and videos through the years. I think I can safely say that this is one that everyone missed.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Snakefinger:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I saw this all of once on MTV in the 80's. I always remembered the video where some band pulled a 64 Studebaker around and now I managed to find it on YouTube.

It's good to see that at least one Stude survives the apocalypse.

Scott Rodgers
    Los Angeles
    SDC Member since 1989
    '60 Lark HT
    '63 Wagonaire
    Scott Rodgers
    Los Angeles
    SDC Member since 1989
    \'60 Lark HT
    \'63 Wagonaire
    \'66 Frankenbaker

Well, after seeing that, I guess us 80's survivors don't have a lot of room to call today's music stupid. I guess I can take comfort that that was the first time I've seen it. I doubt that was what Brooks Stevens had in mind as a lasting tribute to the '64 facelift.

Comment

Well. Gosh. It was certainly entirely unlike anything else I have ever witnessed. Given my self-imposed moratorium on unrequested opinions I have absolutely nothing else to say.

Keoni Dibelka / HiloFoto
      In Hawai'i; on Hawai'i; on the Windward Side
      If da salt air never chew 'em up bumbye da lava will...

Comment

quote:I saw this all of once on MTV in the 80's.
        Might have been the only time it ever played.

Chris Pile
        Midway Chapter SDC
        The Studebaker Special
        The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I think I remember attending that particular zone meet![8D]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1963 Cruiser
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe
          1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

It's no wonder those guys had so much trouble pulling the car around: Observe the position of the shift lever. The lever is in either Second or Park, depending on what transmission the car has.

So there are four possibilities:

1. The car is in Park and resists being moved, resulting in their strain.

2. The car is in Second; ditto the conclusion from #1.

3. The car is in Second and the driver is holding his foot down on the clutch pedal, allowing the car to be moved. This is highly unlikely; there doesn't appear to be anyone in this video intelligent enough to operate a simple mechanism like a clutch pedal.

4. The car does not have a transmission in it. This is also unlikely, in that it appears to have an engine. BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I noticed that shifter right off, as well. Also, does that white steering wheel indicate a Hamilton-built car?

I wonder if the lead singer's kids/grandkids have ever seen that video... if so, I bet they're sure proud of Grampa[:I]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
              Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

I noticed that shifter right off, as well. Also, does that white steering wheel indicate a Hamilton-built car?
                Robert (Bob) Andrews
                Yes. BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

There went almost 5 minutes of my life which I'll never get back again....

1950 Champion 2 Dr. Sedan

1949 Studebaker 2R5 half ton pickup...

Comment

sad....one less Hamilton survivor

[IMG]Home of the Fried Green Tomato
                    "IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ
                    1964 Daytona HT
                    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

quote:Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK

I thought it bore a some bizarro similarities to the forum
                      All tied to one brand......
                      Moving about in frenzied, uncontrolled, but coordinated spasms.
                      No rhythm...no set tune.
                      Self appointed chanters not pulling their weight.
                      Others prodding and poking the pullers with sticks.
                      There's always some truth in humor...(or performance art?[:0])
                      Too funny.. (The cold medicine is working[])
                      Jeff[8D]
                      LOL!!!

Wow, I survived the 80s, and I can say that I NEVER listened to music like that!![xx(]

Bob, there is a fifth possibility, one that my dad does when he tows automatics for a long period of time:

The driveshaft my be removed, or disconnected.

Considering the condition of that poor car, it was probably taken from a field or a junkyard, and some of the salvageable parts may have been removed before it was brought to this lowly end[|)]

Just a thought!

1963 Lark, waiting for spring...

Comment

Someone was looking for a tail light. Who was it? I think I found one.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

WOW!! And to think I was stupid enough to watch the whole thing at 7:20 in the morning![xx(]A few loose nuts behind the wheel of THIS Stude LOL!!!Is that the 'S' symbol on those wheels or is that the Snakefinger logo?[?]

Comment

Well, that was different. Maybe that was a Studebaker promotional film....

It made me want to go right out and hug my '65 Cruiser.

Joe Roberts
                            '61 R1 Champ
                            '65 Cruiser
                            Editor of "The Down Easterner"
                            Eastern North Carolina Chapter
                            Joe Roberts
                            '61 R1 Champ
                            '65 Cruiser
                            Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

That's a music video that no one ever bragged their Stude was in...wow. Now I'm going to have bad dreams. Thanks Snakefinger, black sedan fans.

Comment

Working...
                              X