This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1964 Daytona 4Dr 259 V8 Mint Cond

I have recently accuired a a 1964 Daytona 4Dr 259 V8 car in near mint condition.Found her in a garage covered only has 40,000 miles on her.I have no idea what the car is worth.Runs like a champ.Needs tires they are cracked badly.I offered the owner 3,500$ he said he would take it.Car is in near show room quality-no rust.Question is is the car worth 3500 or not at all.Please help!

YES, absolutely it's worth that, especially if you want to drive it and have fun with it. I've seen ones like that go for up to $7000.
    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

YES, absolutely it's worth that, especially if you want to drive it and have fun with it. I've seen ones like that go for up to $7000.
      "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Tazman

I have recently accuired a a 1964 Daytona 4Dr 259 V8 car in near mint condition.Found her in a garage covered only has 40,000 miles on her.I have no idea what the car is worth.Runs like a champ.Needs tires they are cracked badly.I offered the owner 3,500$ he said he would take it.Car is in near show room quality-no rust.Question is is the car worth 3500 or not at all.Please help!
        If it is "showroom quality" it is certainly worth that (maybe triple that)...however, the definition of "showroom quality" varies. For me, it would be difficult to have a vehicle with 40,000 miles on it and look like it just came out of the showroom (possible but difficult).

Even if it is just a good #3 car, however (Very good, completely operable original...most of the vehicles seen at car shows are #3's) you did just fine.

Post some pictures

Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA
        Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Tazman

If it is "showroom quality" it is certainly worth that (maybe triple that)...however, the definition of "showroom quality" varies. For me, it would be difficult to have a vehicle with 40,000 miles on it and look like it just came out of the showroom (possible but difficult).

Even if it is just a good #3 car, however (Very good, completely operable original...most of the vehicles seen at car shows are #3's) you did just fine.

Post some pictures

Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA
          Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Comment

Mr. Taz,

If you are concerned about being upside down on the car please let me know. I think I could scrape together enough money to reimburse you for your purchase.

Gary

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Mr. Taz,

If you are concerned about being upside down on the car please let me know. I think I could scrape together enough money to reimburse you for your purchase.

Gary

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Comment

Im not really interested in keeping the car.More so in cleaning it up and maybe have it detailed and make sure all is mechanically sound.Hoses,belts,tires,ect.Just the little things and re-selling the car,because it really needs to be in the hands of a collector or someone who know more about the car.

Comment

Im not really interested in keeping the car.More so in cleaning it up and maybe have it detailed and make sure all is mechanically sound.Hoses,belts,tires,ect.Just the little things and re-selling the car,because it really needs to be in the hands of a collector or someone who know more about the car.

Comment

I've found it hard to get much over 4K for a 4 door 64 unless it's nearly flawless, then maybe a bit more. You might be better off selling it as is for a smaller profit then to end up putting a lot of money and labor in the car and getting upside down. i.e. tires, brakes and odds and ends could put you $4000-$4500 in and then risk just breaking even.
                    If it has AC, bucket seats or other nice options, that will add to the value.

JDP
                    Arnold Md.
                    Studebaker On The Net

My Ebay Items

64 GT hawk
                    64 Daytona HT
                    63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk (Black)
                    63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk (Black) #2
                    63 Avanti R1
                    63 Daytona convert
                    63 Lark 2 door
                    62 Lark 2 door
                    60 Hawk
                    59 3E truck
                    52 Starlight
                    52 Starliner
                    51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

I've found it hard to get much over 4K for a 4 door 64 unless it's nearly flawless, then maybe a bit more. You might be better off selling it as is for a smaller profit then to end up putting a lot of money and labor in the car and getting upside down. i.e. tires, brakes and odds and ends could put you $4000-$4500 in and then risk just breaking even.
                      If it has AC, bucket seats or other nice options, that will add to the value.

JDP
                      Arnold Md.
                      Studebaker On The Net

My Ebay Items

64 GT hawk
                      64 Daytona HT
                      63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk (Black)
                      63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk (Black) #2
                      63 Avanti R1
                      63 Daytona convert
                      63 Lark 2 door
                      62 Lark 2 door
                      60 Hawk
                      59 3E truck
                      52 Starlight
                      52 Starliner
                      51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

Taz, you might just find that you like driving it! If not, I'm sure some of the fellows here would be happy to take it off your hands.

Can you post some pictures?

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
                        '63 F2/Lark Standard

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Taz, you might just find that you like driving it! If not, I'm sure some of the fellows here would be happy to take it off your hands.

Can you post some pictures?

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
                          '63 F2/Lark Standard

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Mr. Taz,

Where are you? Drop me a post off forum (thehearns at verizon dot net) and maybe I can take it off your hands.

Gary

Comment

Mr. Taz,

Where are you? Drop me a post off forum (thehearns at verizon dot net) and maybe I can take it off your hands.

Gary

Comment

Working...
                              X