Whose planning to go to York?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whose planning to go to York?

This will be my first time attending the York swap meet. Hoping to find a good front clip for the '57 Commander, need a few other parts as well.
    Who else is going? Anyone here a vendor? Any recommendations on who to check with on the sheet metal I need?
    Thanks!

Charles Eck
    Essex, MD

'57 Commander 4 door sedan, 'Bluebird'
    '66 Ford F-250
    '66 Ford F-100
    '53 John Deere 50

Studebakers were made to drive! (Besides, they don't get lost as easy in the Wal-Mart parking lot!)

I will be there! You are in for a great time![8D]

GARY H 2DR.SEDAN 48 STUDEBAKER CHAMPION NORTHEAST MD.

Comment

A lot of us will be there, including me. There's no need to get recommendations for sheet metal, as there are only two buildings plus a parking lot -- you'll be able to scout out all the sheet metal in less than an hour. But maybe your posting will cause someone to bring a piece that he wasn't planning to bring.

Skip Lackie
      Washington DC
      Skip Lackie

Comment

It has been over 15 years since I have been able to attend. If this pesky case of Vertigo abates in time I will try ; and if the weather is ok. What is the street address for the fairground? Need that for my GPS. Also, where are the good CASO motels nearby?

John Clary
        Greer, SC
        I have only two limitations ...BRAINS & ENERGY
        SDC member since 1975
        John Clary
        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I plan to go Friday & Saturday. I hope to have a 55 packard 400 to sell in the car coral. I will post more after the weekend. Anybody have any interest in this. bams, it would be great on your car dolly.

Take care

george o

Comment

Actually, George, I was going to ask if you had just one more Wagonaire for me??

I'll be there Fri. and Sat. as well. No Packards for me, just Lark-types[^]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
            Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

I'll be looking for a wiper motor as well as the front clip for my '57 sedan. That will make me happy.

Charles Eck
              Essex, MD

'57 Commander 4 door sedan, 'Bluebird'
              '66 Ford F-250
              '66 Ford F-100
              '53 John Deere 50

Studebakers were made to drive! (Besides, they don't get lost as easy in the Wal-Mart parking lot!)

Comment

Will be arriving thursday evening , staying at the Red Roof

[IMG]Home of the Fried Green Tomato
                "IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ
                1964 Daytona HT
                sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

George,prob out of my range but email me (or post) Packard details.

Comment

I'm going to try and make it on Friday. I would also like some directions, or at least an address.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by jclary

Also, where are the good CASO motels nearby?
                      Just booked Super 8 on Arsenal Rd. Stayed there last year- plain but clean, wireless internet. One bed, non-smoking, $49.95 plus tax; subtract $5 for AAA if you have it. (717) 852-8686.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                      Parish, central NY 13131

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Will there be more car/vendors there on Saturday?

Comment

Saturday's the peak day.

Here's the Fairgrounds info:

Join us at the York State Fair for a week of family fun with rides, food, animals, music and much more

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

I'll be there Saturday for a few hours. Hope to score a couple bus seats from Mr. Andrews. Picking up a few small parts for the '53; not much left I need.

I still have that super nice '61 Lark right front fender assembly but I'm not going to haul it to York for a few hours if no one's interested.

Brad Johnson
                            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
                            Brad Johnson,
                            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

We will be there and as a special surprise, will be selling "MBSTUDES Holiday" T-shirts.

For those not familiar with MBstudes Holiday it is

INTERNATIONAL DRIVE YOUR STUDEBAKER DAY.

Comment

Working...
                              X