64 hawk gt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 64 hawk gt

I have 64 hawk gt, i'm not sure what if i should keep it or sell it. it needs alot of work but all the parts are there. i've never restored a car befor and think i might be in over my head. anyone have any good advice? if i wanted to sell it what would i ask for it? [?]

Please post a few pictures.There are knowledgeable guys here that can answer your questions,but a visual reference will eliminate a lot of guessing. Your location also would be a plus in case there would be a member willing to stop by and give you a one on one opinion.

Comment

If you are financially able to buy a nice example you will probably be better off selling yours{unless it is super rare} to purchase a prime one. Yours will probably bring what it is worth. Post a photo. Keep an eye out for cars and prices on e-bay. Get educated. Usually cars sell for the now going rate according to their condition. If you have never restored a car before and think you'd be in over your head you probably will be. Everybody that owns a Studebaker is not a restorer to the endth degree but some can do all aspects of restoration while some very little to a moderate amount, to none. Doesn't make you any less of a man and you are still welcome in the club and you will enjoy driving a Stude whether you restored it or had to pay to have it done up. As for myself, restoring a car is out of the question as a drunk driver rendered me to physical disability. I used to do it pretty much successfully as my father taught me a lot and I had lots of hands on experience. If I were fit, I would probably buy as opposed to restoring. Been there done that. It's cheaper in most cases to buy one needing pretty much nothing done. If you have to, get a loan to buy a clean one as you will be making payments whether you build or buy. Lots more fun with a turn key, as there will be no waiting to drive it. There is no set way that works for every one to be an owner-driver. It does seem right now, there will always be more Studes available than people that want to own them. Not that they are not fine cars. They are underappreciated by the masses and unknown to the younger hobbyists. If this changes you can expect to start paying what these cars are truly worth. Right now they bring about 50% what I think they are worth compared to other makes as for their quality, innovation, and styling being top notch. Get one while they are still relatively inexpensive in comparison to, way more overated, well known, and more expensive Chebbys, Furds, and Chrysleer makings. You can buy 2- 1957 Golden Hawks for the price of some 57 Bel-Airs jimmijim
      sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Keep it.

Comment

Step one - Join your local Studebaker Drivers Club chapter

Step two - Get to know some knowledgeable local chapter members who will help you assess the car.

Step three - Get driving it and fix small projects during the winter months, that way you don't get overwhelmed with the tasks at hand.

You've got a rare Hawk - one of 1700 odd built and a 1964 to boot!

Don't sell it, drive it and enjoy it.

1964 R2 GT Hawk

1963 Daytona Convertible
          Oakville, Ontario.
          Hamilton Chapter
          See you in Cedar Rapids Summer 2009
          1964 GT Hawk
          PSMCDR 2014
          Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
          PSMCDR 2013
          Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada