trade / 57 goldenhawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trade / 57 goldenhawk

I have a freind with a 57 Goldenhawk,A complete unmolested car, with the 400 interior,it is RUSTY, and needs complete RESTORATION. He wants to trade for something with a supercharger and drivable. Finding him a substitue may keep this car intact.

If it really has a 400 interior, it may be one of the 41 unaccounted-for 400s. Please post the Serial Number (or send me a PM) and I will check with 400 Roster-Keeper Tom Lawlis, who is not on the forum.

Tom has all 51 400 Serial Numbers, but, understandably, does not want to publish them and risk the possibility of clones being created with new Serial Number plates. A genuine 1957 Golden Hawk 400, properly restored, is one of the more valuable postwar Studebakers, thus tempting misrepresented cars.

However, Tom is more than happy to verify a Serial Number as being a genuine 400. He would like to add any newcomers to the known list of documented survivors, which currently stands at only 10 of the 51 originally produced.

Thanks. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Where is the car ? and any pictures? i have a 57 Packard Clipper with super charger I might be interested in talking but if I is a rust bucket then we need to talk......Bob
      Candbstudebakers
      Castro Valley,
      California

Comment

I know of one that I took parts from bout 30 years ago. It did not survive a garage fire. Some of the pieces still exist today. Hood louvers, supercharger, side grille stainless darts, side grille sheet metal, and wheel well mouldings. Had I known then what I known now the serial plate and body tags would be existing on a different 57. jimmijim
        sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

If his friend lives nearby, he must be in Washington state.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, both w/overdrive.Searcy,Arkansas
          "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."
          "In the heart of Arkansas."
          Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

Yes, Washington State, I lived in Little Rock for 7 years , when I was young, It is nice to check profiles for location though isnt it , dont understannd why all members dont list locations on their profiles, guess they are embarrassed about where they live maybe? Allen

Comment

quoteltrknut Posted - 02/04/2009 : 12:50:11 PM
              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Yes, Washington State, I lived in Little Rock for 7 years , when I was young, It is nice to check profiles for location though isnt it , dont understannd why all members dont list locations on their profiles, guess they are embarrassed about where they live maybe? Allen
              Not to take this thread too far off course, but if more of us listed our locations, the swap, barter and assistance activity among us club members would be a lot easier.
              [img][/img]

John Clary
              Greer, SC
              SDC member since 1975
              John Clary
              Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Working...
              X