looking for front fenders for GT Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for front fenders for GT Hawk

Doing a restoration on a 64 GT, after sand blasting the front fenders found hidden cancer. Need a front right fender especially. Live in southern california so if you have fenders in S Cal or close all the better. Phone 310-600-6898.

Call Bill Oliver or Tommy Myers at Studebaker Parts and Service in Long Beach: (562)435-3782 I was there a few weeks ago and they had over a dozen clean Hawk fenders stacked against a wall.

I think Bill is still on the mend from bypass surgery, so you'll more than likely be talking to Tommy, who is the shop manager and chief mechanic.

Comment

Your best bet if you have a bit of rust is to repair yours! [^]
      There are repair panels available at Turning Wheels advertiser Classic Enterprises 715 537 5422.

It is way more expensive to buy a good Hawk front fender, than repair the ones you have.

Just a friendly tip on continuation of the Studebaker hobby for our kids and Grandkids :

Also, it is a very wasteful practice to scrap or keep repairable ones for "future use", and use up a good pair that someone without repairable ones could use.

StudeRich at Studebakers Northwest -Ferndale,WA
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Good point about repairing the old ones instead of using NOS, no more NOS is being made, (I know, if they were made today wouldn't be NOS but repop!) and it helps support the companies making repair parts! (One of the reasons I drive mine is to keep the parts business going!)

Charles Eck
        Essex, MD

'57 Commander 4 door sedan, 'Bluebird'
        '66 Ford F-250
        '66 Ford F-100
        '53 John Deere 50

Studebakers were made to drive! (Besides, they don't get lost as easy in the Wal-Mart parking lot!)

Comment

Bill in Long Beach is a good bet he has wanted to move a lot of tin since he has lost a big part of his storage, one thing to keep in mind the 63-64 right side inter fender is different and would need to be changed if you got one from some thing else, if he has one it might be cheap and a better deal than trying to repair one, something to look into, I think I have one or two here in San Francisco area....Bob
          Candbstudebakers
          Castro Valley,
          California

Comment

I have a good drivers side here in Santa Barbara, Ca. I dont know
            what its originally from, but it WAS on my '60 Hawk. All the holes
            are welded up though, that might be a problem for you.

Tom

'63 Avanti, zinc plated drilled & slotted 03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, soon: TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves, 'R3' 276 cam, Edelbrock AFB Carb, GM HEI distributor, 8.8mm plug wires
            '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
            Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
            http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
            I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Jack, I've got a set of nice GT fenders. I'm in No. Calif. If some of the other offers don't pan out. Let me know. I am planning a trip down there in the next week or so. The fenders I have are rust free and in good shape. If you need any other GT body parts, let me know. I've got doors, hood, fenders, glass, dash, bumpers.

sals54
              sals54

Comment

Working...
              X