Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• part numbers for rod bearings?

I just pulled #4 rod on my 60 Lark VI.
    The rod bearing has 517923M stamped in it (the half in the cap)
    My book does not show this as being a standard or any undersize bearing part number.
    However, the book shows the rod part numbers as 517921 & 517922. Coincidence?

JohnP, driving & reviving
    an early Lark
    sigpic
    JohnP, driving & reviving
    60 Lark & 58 Scotsman 4dr

Actually a '59-'61 170 gets (6) 520834 Std. Rod Bearing, 520835 .010 undersize, and 520837 .020 over. Those are bearing pairs, the way they are sold, the individual bearing halfs are not shown, because they are not sold separately, that is the number you may have.

Is this engine older than 1959 maybe? It seems irrelevant however because you need to order a bearing SET for Standard size or whatever it mikes out to anyway.

The marking that matters on those, is the "STD" or .001 or .002 or .010 or .020 etc. on the ends of the backside, forget the part numbers.

Dan; that IS quite a coincidence all right! That proves what I said here, the bearing halfs are numbered, but sold in pairs, with the pair number on the box! The half # is [u]nowhere</u>![:0]

StudeRich at Studebakers Northwest -Ferndale,WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Funny coincidence, about an hour ago I had someone pick up some NOS 6 cylinder connecting rod bearings and in getting them ready I open the boxes to make sure they weren't corroded. In doing this I noticed that the part number on the box was different than the number stamped on the bearing shell. Anyway to answer your question; bearing shell number 517923 is Studebaker part number 520834, which is a "standard" bearing.

Dan Peterson
      Montpelier, VT
      1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
      1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)
      1961 Lark Crusier
      1962 Lark V-8 Regal Convertible
      Dan Peterson
      Montpelier, VT
      1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
      1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)

Comment

Working...