Clear All

• Old Florida Studebaker Photos

Dean Motors Studebaker -Tallahassee, Florida

George Briles Motor Company -Leesburg, Florida

Dean Motors Studebaker -Tallahassee, Florida

Source: http://www.floridamemory.com/photographiccollection/
    Mike - Assistant Editor, Turning Wheels
    Fort Worth, TX

Neat pics! The last one looks like Dean Motors may have been run by a Father/Son team! Probably taken during the 1956 model year.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Thanks for posting the pictures. I think I have seen the picture with the 55 Mercury in it.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Rockinhawk / Matthew,
        Dean Motors is where the 50 champion I sold the Scurrys came from. Had the original bill of sale and sticker with price and options for that car. By the way, seen Jimmy the other day and there plans are to sell car.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by ma1951

Rockinhawk / Matthew,
          Dean Motors is where the 50 champion I sold the Scurrys came from. Had the original bill of sale and sticker with price and options for that car. By the way, seen Jimmy the other day and there plans are to sell car.
          Hey Mike, good to hear from you. I was at the shop a few days back, and Jimmy stopped by for a moment. I was quite surprised when he told me then that the '50 was for sale. And I was even more susprised when he said that you weren't buying it.

Matthew Burnette
          Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

That building is still standing. The garage section has been "modified" but the front is still intact. The sidewalk is all that stands between the building and North Monroe as the street has been widened several times.
            That was not the last dealer in Tallahassee, that distinction goes to Stoudt Equipment Co. Their building was demolished a couple years ago.

StudebakerGeorge

Comment

Old Faithful has been sold to a "Flipper" Who knows where it will end up. Maybe back at Dean Motors. NT

Neil Thornton
              Hazlehurst, GA
              '57 Silver Hawk
              '56 Sky Hawk
              '51 2R16 dump truck
              Many others.

Neil Thornton

Comment

quote:Originally posted by rockinhawk

Old Faithful has been sold to a "Flipper" Who knows where it will end up. NT

[b]
                Neil Thornton

[V]

Matthew Burnette
                Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Working...
                X