door poppers for a 51 coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• door poppers for a 51 coupe

Has anyone put door poppers in a starlight and if so which manafacturer. I do not think the standard 35lb set will be sturdy enough.

My son put poppers on a 79 Z-28,about 5 years ago. Bought the mickey mouse kit from jcwhitless. One of the solenoids burned out while we were still in the installation process. We robbed a couple door lock solenoids from a early 90's Ford Taurus. They were 10 times stronger than the 'kit',just as easy to install,and still work right now. I really think that old camaro door latch would take a lot more force to open than the Studebaker door latch. Wire,relays.and starter buttons from the flaps would complete the job,for less than the cost of the cheapo 'kits'.
    Or,go to the junkyard and buy a door lock module,with the keyfob transmitter,wire it to the ford solenoids,and pop your doors open from 10 feet away. The biggest problem to over come will be the fact that modern door latches have spring force which pushes the door open and off the striker,the Studebaker latches don't.

Oglesby,Il.
    Anybody that drives faster than me is a maniac.Anybody that drives slower than me is an idiot.
    Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Working...
    X