Floor-shifted 57 Silver Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floor-shifted 57 Silver Hawk

Happened to look at this Hawk and noticed the unusual trans. I assume it's a truck trans., correct? Or could it be stock?

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Probably the same conversion Dick Steinkamp has in the now-famous Ute, Bob. It was a common way of getting a low-cost floor shift. It's the same shifter setup Ted Harbit used for The Chicken Hawk during the earliest years of its campaign. Not as speedy as a Hurst but a whole lot less money and tough as nails! BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

So, T-85 truck tranny?

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

So, T-85 truck tranny?

[brown]Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
        Parish, central NY 13131
        Probably a T-90 trans top shifter mated to a T-86. That would be my guess.....

The T-85 won't accept the T-90 top shifter, since the T-85 does not have the removable top cover.

Paul
        Winston-Salem, NC
        Visit The NEW Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
        Paul
        Winston-Salem, NC
        Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
        Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

What Paul said, Bams. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
          X