63 Cruiser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 63 Cruiser

See that 9,200 mile Cruiser from Minn that was just sold on B-J has showed up on ebay !

[IMG]Home of the Fried Green Tomato
    "IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ
    1964 Daytona HT
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

I've seen that seller before. You'd think if you were looking for a car to make a quick buck on, you'd invest 10 minutes in getting an idea what it's worth before you buy[}]

He probably thinks he stole a $25K car, and is rubbing his hands together with glee waiting for that bidding war[)]

At least we get to see some more pictures of that beauty for the week[8D]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

He probably thinks he stole a $25K car, and is rubbing his hands together with glee waiting for that bidding war [)] Robert (Bob) Andrews
      But it's an import- that's gotta mean extra BIG BUCKS, right [?] [?] [?]

[)] [] [)] [] [)] []

Good luck with that one, buddy. He's 'dreamin' fer sure!!!

StudeDave '57 [8D]
      StudeDave '57
      US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
      SDC Member since 1985

past President
      Whatcom County Chapter SDC
      San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
      San Diego Chapter SDC
      North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

I'd love to know what his reserve is.......

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
        Parish, central NY 13131

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Well just bid a bunch and then retract your bid

[IMG]Home of the Fried Green Tomato

1960 Champ
          1964 Daytona HT
          sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Drum brakes, non power. Antennae on wrong side. Was dual mc available? My favorite color. Blue mist metallic. Is that a repro trunk mat? Has fold lines. Nice paint, maybe a repaint. Beautiful car. Wish I could afford it. What a ride. Would have to add air. jimmijim
            sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

At least we get to see some more pictures of that beauty for the week[8D]
              Here's a prime example of how fragile genuine Broadcloth is. Despite having only 9300 miles on it, the original upholstery has been replaced with some unispiring 1970's type of crushed velour material.

Craig

Comment

I like that material. I had a 79 Nova Concours- pretty lame car, but same seat material. I LOVED the seats in that car[:X]

It would be cool to buy that and have it shipped to Ebon in TX. Soon as he finished the A/C install, fly out and drive it home![8D]

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

quote:Originally posted by jimmijim8

Drum brakes, non power. Was dual mc available? My favorite color. Blue mist metallic. Is that a repro trunk mat? Has fold lines. Nice paint, maybe a repaint. Beautiful car. Wish I could afford it. What a ride. Would have to add air. jimmijim
                  Yes the dual MC is correct, my 61 Cruiser had a dual MC too. I THINK just the disk brake cars had a single MC, although I know someone will correct me if I'm wrong!
                  Jeff DeWitt
                  http://carolinastudes.net

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JeffDeWitt

quote:Originally posted by jimmijim8

Drum brakes, non power. Was dual mc available? My favorite color. Blue mist metallic. Is that a repro trunk mat? Has fold lines. Nice paint, maybe a repaint. Beautiful car. Wish I could afford it. What a ride. Would have to add air. jimmijim
                    Yes the dual MC is correct, my 61 Cruiser had a dual MC too. I THINK just the disk brake cars had a single MC, although I know someone will correct me if I'm wrong!
                    Jeff, someone added the dual master cylinder to your '61. The dual master cylinder didn't come out until '63 at which time it became standard on all non-disc brake cars except it sort of sticks in my mind that '63 Standards and maybe '64 Challengers had only the single. As you say, disc brakes had a single master cylinder.

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia
                    Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

quote: The dual master cylinder didn't come out until '63 at which time it became standard on all non-disc brake cars except it sort of sticks in my mind that '63 Standards and maybe '64 Challengers had only the single. As you say, disc brakes had a single master cylinder.

Paul Johnson
                      Right-O, Paul; single-piston master cylinder was standard on 1963 Standards and 1964 Challengers. Dual-piston master cylinder was a $9.01 option (retail) for the 1964 Challenger! BP
                      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I stand corrected... I should have known, nothing else on that car was stock!

Jeff DeWitt

Jeff DeWitt
                        http://carolinastudes.net

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JeffDeWitt

Hey Jeff - Love the picture of your Champ! []

<h5>Mark
                          '57 Transtar Deluxe
                          Vancouver Island

The NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
                          May 23 & 24, 2009; check it out at -
                          http://sdcvi.shawwebspace.ca/
                          </h5>
                          Mark Hayden
                          '66 Commander

Comment

Looks just as beautiful as the last time I saw it.[] Just as out of my reach as well.

Poor fellow! He'd be fortunate in this market to get his starting price, let alone twice that.

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                            Ron Smith
                            Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
                            Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                            Ron Smith
                            Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Working...
                            X