Seems like a lot of car for the money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seems like a lot of car for the money

I'm surprised that this '64 Commander hasn't drawn more interest- factory air, even a clock, virtually rust-free V8 a/t:

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia
    Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

It appears that the bad economy is effecting Stude folks too. I have noticed that the bidding is soft on lots of the cars. There was a time when I thought 4 doors were only parts cars, but now I could be tempted.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, both w/overdrive.Searcy,Arkansas
    "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

Sal and me were discussing just that issue when we listed this project Lark with a $1500 reserve, but it did well.So far, not much of a change in reasale, but there are more cars out there.

JDP/Maryland
      JDP Maryland

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 53k

I'm surprised that this '64 Commander hasn't drawn more interest- factory air, even a clock, virtually rust-free V8 a/t/Cut?
        Yes Paul you are right it looks like a good start for someone in the Texas area, it is fairly solid from what you can see. [^]

I got a kick out of the owner saying this: "Have a shop manual that says the engine is a 259 V8 w/2bbl weber carb."

Well hey, at least he didn't quote the Manual as saying it had 359 or Packard 352!

Not that it really matters, but if you look closer at the "Clock" it has no winding stem and you can almost read the "Studebaker Corp." around the clock Dummy.

StudeRich at Studebakers Northwest -Ferndale,WA
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

quote:Originally posted by 53k

I'm surprised that this '64 Commander hasn't drawn more interest- factory air, even a clock, virtually rust-free V8 a/t/Cut?
          Yes Paul you are right it looks like a good start for someone in the Texas area, it is fairly solid from what you can see. [^]
          I got a kick out of the owner saying this: "Have a shop manual that says the engine is a 259 V8 w/2bbl weber carb."
          Well hey, at least he didn't quote the Manual as saying it had 359 or Packard 352!
          Not that it really matters, but if you look closer at the "Clock" it has no winding stem and you can almost read the "Studebaker Corp." around the clock Dummy.
          I should have blown it up for a better look before I spoke (wrote)[:I]. You are absolutely correct.
          I can't imagine where he came up with the weber.

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia
          Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
          '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 52-fan

It appears that the bad economy is effecting Stude folks too. I have noticed that the bidding is soft on lots of the cars.
            Hard to say for sure. There was a 60 Lark 4 dr. V8/3 OD at Lancaster. It had a pretty decent amount of rust, but had good mechanicals and was driven a few hours in from NY. I don't remember what they wanted for it there, but it just ended on eBay. I was the high bidder for $651 before the seller pulled the listing with about 6 hrs. to go. On the other end, the 64 Wagonaire in FL is at $8701 with an hour left.

To me the first one was very cheap, the second is WAY over the money.

I think it's just hard to come up with a definitive answer on where the market is right now.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
            Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Yep, made me sad that even the final bid is currently out of reach for me. Especially with today's jobs news, I expect I'm not the only one holding back on bidding.

quote:Originally posted by JDP

Sal and me were discussing just that issue when we listed this project Lark with a $1500 reserve, but it did well.So far, not much of a change in reasale, but there are more cars out there.

JDP/Maryland
              Ron Dame
              '63 Champ
              Ron Dame
              '63 Champ

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP

JDP/Maryland
                I'd imagine your experience of representing cars well makes all the difference.

That 1964 does look like a solid driver with plenty of potential, though.

Andy
                62 GT

Andy
                62 GT

Comment

I was watching JP's car and was surprised it sat at around $1150 all week till the very end.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                  Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Working...
                  X