Climatizer motor plug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Climatizer motor plug

The climatizer motor in the 62 Hawk barely turns at low speed and definately doesn't run at high speed. I traced the circuit as far as I can and there is power. In fact I had to splice the high power side back into the circuit and plenty of power at that splice location. So I figure it must be a dirty motor and brushes. Since I good luck with cleaning repairing the windshield wiper motor, I decided to tackle the heater motor and give it a good cleaning too.

Looking under the passenger side front fender, I see the motor and fan housing. I see wires that go into the hood compartment from the motor, what I don't see is a plug to disconnect the motor from the wiring harness like I saw with the wiper motor. Am I missing it or does it not exist. The circuit diagram calls for one. Where is it suppose to be, in the fender well (which would be an awful location) or in the engine compartment?

Laisez le bon temps roulez avec un Studebaker

On a GT, the connector is located between the wiper motor and the right fender. I have taken these motors off before and had luck spraying lubricant into the bottom bearing, and drilling a very small hole in the bump on the top end of the motor. I believe that somewhere on this forum is a picture of where to drill this hole. It is not exactly at the tip of the motor, but about 3/4 inch down the side. Lube the bearing, and reseal the hole. If this doesn't work, the Stude vendors have replacements.

Comment

Thanks Chuck. I have looked between the wiper motor and the fender, but no luck... I suspect that a prior owner probably did some rewiring. So I guess I will have to just take the motor off and put a new plug in that area.

I have tried the hole in the motor case at the rear bearing to lubricate. I did that years ago on the 63 Champ, of course the motor was inside the cab of the truck, so no worries about dampness.

Comment

You did not find the disconnect on the right top of the Cowl, on the flange (pinchweld) where the upper firewall joins the lower flat part?

StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
        X