My '51 Bizzy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My '51 Bizzy

a couple shots of my good looking old girl. A 1951 Champion Business Coupe Custom - pretty much the plainest of plain Janes of them all in '51 I think - ha ha.

She's all restored back to original a couple of years ago; my dad and I did a body off. She was originally from Mississippi and had absolutely no holes in the body or bondo anywhere, couldn't believe it. Original colour was Plaza Grey but as I'm not a fan of grey's and silvers decided to change to another colour that was available in '51, (who's name escapes me at the moment). As you can see the brown carpeting is not original nor is the lack of splash guards on the rear fenders. I have a set but I prefer the look without them. Oh and I think the original door panels were either mohair or vinyl in a solid colour but I decided to two tone them and fancy them up a bit it looks original to the untrained eye []

Am now thinking seriously to take out the powertrain and convert her to an electric vehicle. I think it will be a fun and interesting project. I don't plan on compromising any of the chassis or body work though - don't want to lose originality if I decide to put her back to the way she was one day. [8D]

There is nothing plain about your beauty!
    Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
    jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Comment

That is a great looking '51. Thank you for posting.

Gary Sanders
      Nixa, MO
      President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
      Gary Sanders
      Nixa, MO

Comment

Looks good!

Dylan
        '61 lark deluxe 4dr wagon
        Dylan Wills
        Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
        1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
        1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
        1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Very nice!!! What is hiding in the garage? Any pictures?

Carey
          Packard Hawk

Carey
          Packard Hawk

Comment

Looks great, where in Toronto are you?, im in Oshawa, with a 51-4 door champ, very plain here too.

Comment

very nice 51bullet - I love your colour choice. I'm in Markham actually, the car is at my folks place in Belleville right now. I'll be bringing it to Toronto in the spring I'll definitely give you a shout out to see if I can stop by and check out your baby - get some good photo's

Toronto, ON.

Comment

thanks, absolutly, id love you to stop in, all welcome any time!

Comment

Great looking 51 Business Coupe, I have one also Body # 2233 Q-4 one of the last ones made. 2429 made. Mine is a plain a jane also. But i love her.

101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Electric. You have to be joking. jimmijim
                    sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Working...
                    X