John and Tracy Smith's Studebakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John and Tracy Smith's Studebakers

Here are a few pictures of our truck and Lark. As most of you know, our Studebakers are our family projects and we include our kids in almost every step along the way. We enjoy the process of owning and caring for our vehicles as much as the results...they may not be perfect, but they are perfect for us!

The 1955 C-Cab was our first Studebaker, purchased in January of 2008. It's come a long way from the spider-infested truck that John and his dad trailered back from Isleton, California. We developed it into the plumbing truck that it is today.

We had the seat re-furbished and re-upholstered and the ceiling pin striped. The rest of the paint and modifications we did on our own with the help of family and friends.

We enjoy taking the truck to local shows, gatherings, and cruise nights.

John bought Tracy's '60 Lark VIII, 2-door sedan from Bob Peterson in Castro Valley, California, in November of 2008. The car was purchased off E-bay (we had a coupon!)for $137.25 and was Tracy's birthday/Christmas present (including the trip to go get it!). Tracy has named it Karl the Lark and is looking forward to bringing him back to life.

John and Tracy Smith
    Queen Creek Arizona

[IMG]

Wow! Once the Smith's get into the Studebaker scene they really get into it! Thanks for the pictures and, even more, thanks for being part of the growing Arizona Studebaker contingent.

Tim Painter-Custom '53 Starlight aka The Studebird in Yuma, AZ
    Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
    jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Comment

hah the first picture in B/W I thought was an original photo of the truck from the 50's - very cool

Comment

I have a 70 Chevelle S.S. thats been restored to show class. And my 58 Studebaker Pickup with the flathead six and badly in need of a new paint job guess which one I put the most miles on this pass year :&gt
        Something doesn't have to be perfect to be fun and injoy.

Comment

You guys are an inspiration to us all.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, both w/overdrive.Searcy,Arkansas
          "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."
          "In the heart of Arkansas."
          Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

Working...
          X